Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you 7Sage

Hey all,

I'll keep this short and sweet. I joined 7sage at a point when my PT scores were stalled and I felt very discouraged, like I couldn't make anymore improvements.

After working through the CC, lots of time spent reading through the forums, and writing literally every PT, I got my score back today: a 173.

This is totally life changing, I didn't think it could ever happen. I want to thank JY for becoming the voice inside my head for the last few months and for the care and dedication he put into his invaluable lessons and explanations. Also a huge thank you to the rest of the community for their periodic support and advice.

Seriously, this place is amazing. Thank you. I would (and will) highly recommend this site to anyone considering taking the LSAT.

Comments

• TheShrimpEaterTheShrimpEater Alum Member
    46 karma

Congratulations~!

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    766 karma

Congratulations, that’s amazing. These type of posts keep me going.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Congratulations! That is a great score!

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

YESSSSSSS!!!

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

And to think you were considering cancelling!!! Congrats!

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

Congrats!!!!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Congrats!!!!

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

Awesome score; celebrate!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited September 2018 9372 karma
  • studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: CONGRATULATIONS:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

If you feel up to it, can you leave your review where other potential students can also take a look? https://7sage.com/lsat-course-reviews/

If you happen to be on Facebook, we'd love for you to leave a review there!:
    https://www.facebook.com/7sagelsat

:wink:

• LSATcracker-1LSATcracker-1 Alum Member
    88 karma

Congrats!! So exciting!
    Would you mind please sharing your PT schedule and particularly how you break the mid - high 160s plateau? Thanks very much for your consideration.

• 200 karma

@oshun1 I know right? Just goes to show that things always look worse directly after the test. I almost fell out of bed when I saw my score.

• 200 karma

@sallyjunsongwang of course! I was taking two PT's a week, on Tuesday and Saturday mornings.

As far as breaking through the barrier, it only happened after lots and lots of practice, which isn't a super satisfying answer. Obviously careful blind review is key. After each test, mot only would I try to prove why a given AC was right, I'd take the extra 5 mins to prove why all the other four are wrong. Also, I would reprint each logic game that I got wrong or felt I did to slowly. Instead of printing out a bunch of copies, I would just slip it inside a plastic sheet protector then use a fine point dry erase marker so I could practice the game, then quickly erase it. It saved a lot of paper and made the games super portable. I would then put all such games in a stack, and practice periodically.

RC was my last stumbling block. I just started reading A LOT (I switched my major to English relatively recently) which made a big different. Also finding a notation method that works for you is key. I printed off and stored the RC passages I found hardest and redid them with a dry erase marker, just like LG.

I studied for around 16 months, until I felt ready. I also wrote every PT (some more than once! If you really struggle with a PT, don't be afraid to reprint it and write it again a few weeks or months later).

Also, make sure you are warming up about one to two hours before each PT! Write a couple old games, and old RC passage, and a page or two of easy LR Q's.

I hope some of that helps!

• LSATcracker-1LSATcracker-1 Alum Member
    88 karma

Thanks so much! This is really nice of your to share your study tips. Hope you get into your dream law school and kill it there!

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

Congrats :)

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Congrats! You stayed true to your 7sage name :joy:

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Great work! How was your journey in LR?