Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

From 145--Success Stories

TEXASAggieTEXASAggie Alum Member
in General 106 karma

Any success stories to share for diag at 145 and writing 160+? Looking for some motivation and avg weekly hour of studying :)

Comments

• juanmapmjuanmapm Alum Member
    379 karma

Hi Monica,
    I didn't start at 145 but my diagnostic was 151. After 8+ months of studying with six of those months coinciding with FT employment, I am averaging 168 (wrote in September and scored a 162 thanks in part to a brain meltdown in games which is historically my worst section). Could not have done it without this amazing, supportive community. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!
    Juan

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I didn't take a diagnostic, but I've calculated that had I did, it would have been in the mid-130s, I could answer maybe 1 or 2 questions correct on LG. Achieved a 168 on my first take (7/2018). Currently studying for my retake, my progress has been a game of inches.

David

• rkathleenrkathleen Member
    72 karma

Mine is not as impressive as others, but I diagnosed at exactly 145 and am averaging 161 (my goal score :) ) Good luck studying, you will exceed your own expectations!!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

148 diagnostic in September do 2016 to 174 on the July administration.

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

My greatest success story was a student of mine who went 136 -> 148 -> 172 in the space of about 6 months. Not typical by any stretch of the imagination, obviously.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    edited October 2018 1694 karma

LSAT rewards those who persevere, and what is life if not one long journey of perseverance. If you want it enough, then you will be able to do it. Temper your expectations, and go about it incrementally. Getting to your goal may takes months, if not years. Have the right mindset and expectations, and you will be able to go further. There is no shortcut, only heartfelt triumphs after struggling.
    Personally, I have a 3.0 gpa, so to get into the good schools, I must get at least a 99 percentile lsat score. At some point you realize that improving is the easy part, and trying my best not to decline, now that gets depressing. To some degree, I think one has to become obsessed, or a hermit or a monk; harnessing motivation wherever you can and finding meaning in every little thing in life, good and bad, and devoting ungodly amounts of time to this seemingly marathon without end.
    In another perspective, if you can get through this, you can just about get through anything. This is why the LSAT can be a good indicator and preparation for law school.

• NaomiaveryNaomiavery Alum Member
    25 karma

Thank you for this comment. I needed to hear this. My diag. score is 146. I did Kaplan self study for 2 month and took another PT test. I got a 1 point increase. I assume it was pure luck :)
    After getting involved on Facebook with some other LSAT takers, a good majority of them recommended 7sage. So I found JY and started working through the material, and pushed back my test day to January.
    I have not done another PT test, because I was told to get through the CC before taking another PT test. During this time I have been purchasing the 10 PT booklets and stacking them up until I am done with my studying.
    I also plan on going through the CC a second time before taking another PT.
    I often read online that increasing your LSAT score is not likely. These comments give me hope.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

137 diagnostic. Now I’m at HLS!

• bendrummond33bendrummond33 Alum Member
    96 karma

I started with 144, did three months of studying and completed the CC on 7Sage and got a 147. Next test 150, then 151, then 154... You'll seen an increase don't worry, just a few weeks ago i broke into the 160s, and have been scoring around there since.(+ or minus 3 or so.) It takes time to really cement the lessons you've gone over. Literally the same position as you just a few months ago.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Cold diagnostic of 147. A year later, I put a 163 on the record after averaging 165 in PTs for ~2 months (including a couple of outliers of 169x3 and 167x1). Study averaged 4 hours a day.

Improvement will come. Don't put a timeline on it, just focusing on slow steady improvement.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited October 2018 894 karma

Never took a diagnostic cause I was too scared, but if I had it would've prob been in the 130s-40s. I would cry sometimes and spend ten hour days in the school library just cranking away. Each time i thought i'd see my score increase, it didn't. I did this for over a year, still doing it as I plan to retake. except now cranking away at my house instead of at school. scored 165-167 on the real thing(s). Aiming for 170+ for my retake.

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

Very encouraging posts. Thank you all for the nourishment because I feel like my well is almost dry!

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

FWIW and for a little more motivation: with my 163, today’s mail delivered me a full ride to one of my top choice schools (a T2 that is very strong in the market that I currently live in / want to practice in). Keep grinding and realize that it pays off in the end.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker, This is the best kind of mail to get! Great work!

• TEXASAggieTEXASAggie Alum Member
    106 karma

@BinghamtonDave How many hours daily/weekly did you study?

THANK YOU to all who commented! It sure did get my butt into gear!!!

• bernardita.agyekumbernardita.agyekum Core Member
    64 karma

Great! I have also been scoring in the low mid 130-140, however, I am still not giving up.This post was encouraging.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

@monicamartinezgnz roughly 20 hours per week was the sweet spot for me, was making progress and was not getting burnt out at the same time. It will be subjective for those who are studying to make up a comparable gap between "diagnostic" and goal.