PT56.S1.G4 - Five executives—Quinn, Rodriguez, Sasada, Taylor

jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
edited October 2018 in Logic Games 86 karma

I have a quick question about LG 4 on PT 56. I got 3 questions wrong because I misunderstood one of the initial rules -- S cannot take place after any site that includes V.

I wrote it as S --- V even though it was supposed to be S is with or before V. I understood it in the context of the explanation posted, but am wondering if there's any other foolproof explanation that applies to games in general so I don't overlook it in the future?

Admin note: edited title
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-56-section-1-game-4/

Comments

• NicholasDayNicholasDay Alum Member
    86 karma

Hey! This is a double sequencing game type - which is what I think are the hardest ones often because the rules are difficult to diagram.

That rule is also difficult because it uses negative language. The best way to understand this for future games is to just pick up on negative terms and their implications. So when it says " S cannot be placed after V" , we might be inclined to say: S --V but we have to realize that this implies the possibilty of S = V. This is very similar to other games that have a rule of "at least" (Ex. There must be at least two spaces between Bob and Jeff).

I've found that the questions in logic games (and logical reasoning for that matter) tend to be hard curve breakers, so if you can tune your mind into this subtile implications, you'll be golden!

As far as other help for this goes, try taking a peak at PT 61 S3 G4 and PT 47 S4 G4

Hope this helps!

• jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
    86 karma

Thank you! This is very helpful.