Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letter of Recommendation Expiration

Hi there!
I was planning on applying into the Fall 2019 but there have been some turn of events and now I have to wait a year. I already received my LOR's on LSAC. Will these expire? Can I still use them in a year?

Comments

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

LORs do not expire and yes, you can use them in a year.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

You can, but probably contact the recommenders and ask if they want to keep these letters or make changes.

• EAnn8771EAnn8771 Alum Member
    edited October 2018 126 karma

I am in the same exact boat as you! Luckily, CAS remains active for five years. I emailed all of my recommenders (who have sent in their recommendations already) explaining that I am no longer applying in 2019 instead I'll be applying in 2020 and if they want to edit the LOR they should let me know. All of them said they didn't need to edit it (after all I gave them two months to complete it so giving them more time to redo something they already had enough time to complete is, I feel, unnecessary), but it is always in your best interest to ask. I am going to use the exact same ones in a year and I feel perfectly fine doing so!

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

I'm reapplying and re-using mine for sure. Besides, maybe someone different from admissions will read your app.