Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Basics: How many hours are you studying daily?

TEXASAggieTEXASAggie Alum Member
in General 106 karma

Procrastinator here :) How many hours are you guys actually committing to studying daily? Seeing the commitment from others will make me feel inferior...and up my game! THANKS!

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

It varied for me, but I found my sweet spot to be right around 4 hours a day. Any more than that and I started to get fuzzy and burnt out.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

I work full time, so 3hrs/day seems to be a good fit for me. :smile:

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    edited November 2018 861 karma

Definitely don't feel inferior! Quality over quantity. Better to study smart for x amount of hours than get nowhere and feel burnt out with double that.

I also work full time so it depends on what's going on that day. I'd say 1-3 hours each weekday, but 4-5 (with breaks) if I'm not working that day. Weekends are great for catching up on studying and doing a PT.

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    edited October 2018 261 karma

Six hours of hardcore studying 5x a week, give or take one hour. Some days I'm feeling inspired and pull an eight hour session. Other days I feel burnt out, and do only four. In addition, I usually spend about an hour before sleep each night reviewing my collection of problematic LR questions (ones I got wrong during Blind Review).

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I work 50ish hrs/week, so on work heavy days, it’s like 30 Minutes to 2 hours, but on my off days I do a full PT.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Quality over quantity.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I work full time and I'm a full time student but I'm lucky in that I have a desk job with a lot of down time this time of the year so I can get some studying done at work. I usually do 2-3 hours a day, PT on Saturday, and take Sundays off

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

I try to put in 2 hours a day for 5-6 days a week during the semester. In the summer I'll be studying more or less full time until the July/Sept test. Since the test is so far away and I'm still doing the CC I want to be careful not to burn out

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

FT studying - 5-6 hours
    PT studying - 1-2 hours
    (These times are not counting breaks or going on fb or any of that sort. I don't even include time spent planning or meditating. They are purely time spent on LSAT material.)

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I work full time, and generally spent 2-3 hours per weekday (take 1 weekday off to avoid burnout) and 4-5 each on Saturday and Sunday.