Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mental meltdown(s) after a week of LG drills (preceded by innumerable previous efforts)...

lackofimaginationlackofimagination Alum Member

Hi all,

I have always thought that it is extremely selfish to vent to one's peers, since imposing all these negative emotions without asking for consent first is basically equal to taking advantage of innocent people (at least for me). But this time, I really need some advice, for I am drowning in this pool of hopeless frustration originating from LG drilling.

Everyone keeps saying how LG is the easiest part to crack, and how you will see (tremendous) improvements if you are dedicated to exercising repeatedly. And by no means am I questioning JY's fool-proof method to LG, I am just extremely disappointed time after time when I think I nailed the game by repeating, but got stuck again when I encounter another question of a similar level of difficulty. It certainly feels impossible for me to finish all the questions within the time constraint, and I begin to constantly question my capability. I have been searching, and am looking into the chances of taking GRE as a change. But that makes me feel like I am running away and probably, I don't have what it takes for law schools.

Woo looking back I realized how a first-world problem complaint this is. Although in my defense, the pain is very real. I would appreciate if anyone can share with me any advice, in relation to boosting LG power, GRE/LSAT, or simply how to stop this self-loathing.

Good luck to everyone!

Comments

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

I distinctly remember crying in frustration because I had no idea why I kept sucking at logic games.

Take a week off. It helped me.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited October 2018 737 karma

People who say the "easiest to improve" thing are exaggerating a bit. LG is probably the most learnable section, but for many people, it takes a lot of repetition and time to get good at the section. Just try to stay positive and keep churning away at the foolproofing. Work your way through the bundle at least once, if not twice. Also, avoid beating yourself up or questioning yourself so much. That will just make it worse. Chances are, if you stick with it, before long you'll begin to see how effective foolproofing is.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Im certainly in the same boat as you, I have been having a hard time mentally since it seems like I've run into a wall and am struggling to continue to get better at the Logic Games section. For me it helps to look at how far I know I've come, my first LG section I didn't even touch the last TWO games, and didn't even get everything right in the first two. I think my score was something abysmal like 6 or 7/23. However, now I've turned that around to I'm "only" missing about 7 questions a section now. Im nowhere near where I want to be, and its incredibly frustrating and humbling, but after how much improvement I've seen I absolutely believe that I can continue to improve and so can you! I don't know where you started from, but try to just focus on the positives. Think more about how far you have come and less about how far you have to go!

• Late Not NeverLate Not Never Alum Member
    56 karma

Hey, I was in the same boat and am finally improving. After foolproofing and watching the 7Sage videos over and over and over again, I still couldn't make any progress. I finally bought the Powerscore LG Workbook (not Bible). The Workbook is a supplement to the Powerscore Bible and only cost about $20. It is a GREAT written complement to 7Sage's digital platform and really helped me make the incremental improvements that I needed. I went from not even coming close to finishing LG sections (and missing at least 50% of the questions) to almost finishing the entire section and only getting a couple wrong. Still have some work to do but I'm in a much better mental place! I love 7Sage and think its overall the best thing going, but adding one more resource made the difference for me!

• thayraythayray Free Trial Member
    66 karma

Pardon me. Does "foolproofing" basically mean redoing LGs over and over till you perfect them? Or what?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@thayray said:
    Pardon me. Does "foolproofing" basically mean redoing LGs over and over till you perfect them? Or what?

cf. How to get a perfect score on the LSAT Logic Games
    https://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-score-on-the-logic-games/

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Hey.. no sweat it. What is a community for if it's not for support? Definitely sounds like you need a break tho. Walk away for a few days and clear your head.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I’ve given my consent to listen to your issue here by virtue of being a member on this site and purposely seeking out threads in which people are struggling with the material. I’ve been there/done that when it comes to struggles with the material and people were there for me. Now I am there for others.

I did over 2,100 individual games before I considered myself competent in LG. It took me roughly 1,700 games to get my first -0 on a fresh section strictly timed. There were days where I did 5 hours of games. I did games blind folded while my wife read them to me and I talked her through solving them while not looking at the paper: In an effort to improve my retention of the rules and game pieces and to “see” the relationships in my mind.

My advice to you is to find a way to make the process tailored to work for you. Find a way to find those inferences and start seeing the games on a deeper level. This happens sometimes. I credit fool proofing for my success personally, but I had to fool proof games from pt 1-pt 49. Meaning, fool proofing had to be adapted to my needs. It can be done!

David

• lackofimaginationlackofimagination Alum Member
    74 karma

Hi friends! I dedicated the last few days to finish the CC and man the RC drilling is no joke. So I just remembered to check this thread, and now am so touched by all your encouraging words! I know that feeling motivated or even just comforted is far from actually getting better at LG, but I now have more confidence facing this seemingly insurmountable obstacle, and ready to dive back into the sea of logic games. Very close to shout "come at me bro" to lsat - just kidding please be gentle to me...

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

I say redo the lessons. What is stumping you? Is it logic? Numerical distribution? Question stems (like Could be True, Must Be False, Not Necessarily True?

Pin point where you are coming up short (be specific as possible) and work the lessons that address that. Then on your next game, keep note of what has hindered you.