PT 70-80 - LR more difficult??

in General 224 karma

Hey 7Sage Fam,

I have consistently been scoring around -3 on LR for tests 50-69. Recently I have started taking tests in the 70-80 range and all of a sudden my average has dropped to -6. Is this a general trend, or am I just losing my mind?? I feel like the LR has gotten more difficult and at this point it isnt an outlier, it is a trend. Is there any evidence pointing to LR on the more recent tests being more difficult?

Comments

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

I can't speak for it being harder but I can say that the wording is different. It has thrown me off a little bit myself. That being, said once you become use to it, it should not be too much of a problem.

• unclesysyunclesysy Alum Member
    edited October 2018 106 karma

Yes, question types have definitely shifted. I think PowerScore has done an analysis of this. There's been a trend toward fewer cookie-cutter questions, and more odd-ball questions. Fewer questions that can be solved just by diagramming or applying a formula. That being said, I thought in the September LSAT, which I took, the pendulum swung back to more conventional LR questions, so things seem to vary.