Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Testing in a hotel?

MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
in General 3256 karma

Hi!

If you've ever tested in a hotel, do you have any recommendations/stories of experience? I'm thinking about staying at the hotel the night before, even though I only live about fifteen minutes away. Have any of you stayed in the hotel where you were testing before?

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Yes and it was fine. I liked that I had a lot of desk space since they were large cafeteria style desks. I’m not sure why you would stay at the hotel if you live so close. I personally don’t sleep well in hotels.

• edited November 2018 148 karma

Yes tested and stayed in a hotel the night before. It was 50 minutes from my college so didn’t want to add to stress the day of the test. I also didn’t have a car at college so option of 50 min uber ride morning of test was too scary. Testing conditions were fine . Able to store belongings including luggage and phone at hotel day of test . Found another student from my college who had a car and hitched a ride with her there and back. Just needed to make sure I had everything for the exam before leaving the campus as 50 minutes was too far to go back.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Thanks guys! The only reason I was thinking about staying was sometimes my area has unpredictable weather this time of year, but I probably won’t

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    edited November 2018 231 karma

I tested in a hotel and it was really nice! It was also a really nice hotel. They had complimentary water and glasses outside of the testing room, and the conference room was nice, spacious, and had great desks. If you're worried about desk size you could even give the hotel a call beforehand, I did and they told me the dimensions of the table haha! Additionally if you want (and depending on the hotel), you could tip the concierge and I'm sure they would keep your phone for you. I'm low on funds so I didn't do that but concierges are seriously the most helpful people.

I also lived about 15 minutes away from my hotel test center, I was a little worried about traffic cause it was in a touristy area, so I got there REALLY early, about an hour or so early just in case! There were some people who almost didn't make it into the test because they cut it too close and couldn't find parking and delayed the test start by 10 minutes... So if there's any concern about weather/parking/whatever just leave super early is my advice!

edit: Also if you're so close, why not save the money and sleep in your own bed that you're used to instead of risking a possibly uncomfortable hotel experience?