iOS App Update - TestFlight

Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
edited November 2018 in General 3074 karma

We got a new version of the iOS app ready to be released soon, but you can try it out today with TestFlight if you don't mind being a guinea pig. Here are the main changes:

• New: Remembers your last place in Discussion, Proctor, Logic Games, and Course - even after the app is restarted.
• Improved: Background audio keeps playing when app is loaded.
• Improved: Proctor settings are easier to adjust.
• Improved: PDFs in course are downloadable.
• Improved: Grader result tables maintain color after being selected.

To see it, first go to the AppStore and install "TestFlight". This is an official Apple app that lets people try out versions of apps before they are released on the AppStore.

Then tap the link below:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/PpzI6KHc

This is the first time we're trying a public TestFlight, so please let me know if you run into any difficulties. And of course if you notice any issues with the app, we want to know about it, so please share!

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited October 2018 13286 karma

I’m in! And it’s downloaded!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    I’m in! And it’s downloaded!

Same here

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma

@LSATcantwin @Sprinkles Awesome, thanks! Let us know if you see anything weird!

11542 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" , there's a yellow dot symbol next to the app icon. I think it appeared once I entered TestFlight mode.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

I'm in! I've been using the app a lot recently so I'm happy to test it out.

@Sprinkles said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" , there's a yellow dot symbol next to the app icon. I think it appeared once I entered TestFlight mode.

I see it now, too.

11542 karma

@"Habeas Porpoise" said:
    I'm in! I've been using the app a lot recently so I'm happy to test it out.

@Sprinkles said:

I see it now, too.

I'm assuming it means you're in the testing mode but not sure lol.

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma

@Sprinkles @"Habeas Porpoise" Thanks for your help! Sprinkles is right, the yellow/orange dot means that it's the beta version of the app.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

Just curious, will we get an Android version too? I have a Samsung Android, haven't used iOS for nearly a decade. A lot of people are probably exclusive Android users too, like me.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@tekken1225 said:
    Just curious, will we get an Android version too? I have a Samsung Android, haven't used iOS for nearly a decade. A lot of people are probably exclusive Android users too, like me.

I could be wrong, but I think the reason they are updating the IOS version is because the ISO version had a lot of issues that the android one doesn’t.

For instance when I opened the app it would close any music I was listening too. (And now it doesn’t!)

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2018 1866 karma

Hey @"Alan Cheuk", I'm noticing that I sometimes get kicked out of the Analytics (Review Results) page back to the Grader, or kicked out of an explanation video page back to the Analytics page. It's like I somehow swiped back, but I wasn't touching the screen. Not sure if this is an issue with my phone (iPhone 6) or a bug but thought I'd let you know.

Also, is there a way to reset to before Section 1 - Instructions once I start the proctor? It seems like the farther back I can go with the back button alone is to the start of the Section 1 - Exam, or to forward until the end where the timer resets. It might be nice to have a "hold to reset timer" or something like that.