Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Way to cover all the Basics

maceodillardmaceodillard Alum Member
in General 40 karma

So... I just started studying for the LSAT a couple months ago when I decided to take a shot at being a lawyer. I was studying wit Kaplan book for a few weeks and covered most of the logic games before I started 7sage a couple of weeks ago. I'm still on strengthening questions and I haven't taken a diagnostic prep test (which I'm doing with the june 2007 prep test tommorow.) Any tips on the specific lessons I need to definitely need to cover before the November exam? I'm aware that I will probably have to retake it but I still want to do my best this first go round.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Honestly, you should probably just postpone. Having a low score on your record is something you want to avoid. It takes at least a couple months to cover the basics and then you still have to drill and PT

• Andrew AlterioAndrew Alterio Alum Member
    394 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    Honestly, you should probably just postpone. Having a low score on your record is something you want to avoid. It takes at least a couple months to cover the basics and then you still have to drill and PT

Agreed!
    Unless you’re some super genius or don’t plan on scoring highly, spending a couple of months on the Core Curriculum is a must.
    Think about it like this: let’s say your diagnostic is a 150 and with study you can get it up to a 165 - that will give you a competitive chance at many T14 schools, or, alternatively, serious scholarship $$$ at a T50 school. So it may be worth it to wait out this cycle, score higher, and have better job prospects and/or little debt than to rush and take it this year.
    Obviously, only you can make that decision.
    Good luck!

• maceodillardmaceodillard Alum Member
    40 karma

@"Andrew Alterio" said:
    Agreed!
    Unless you’re some super genius or don’t plan on scoring highly, spending a couple of months on the Core Curriculum is a must.
    Think about it like this: let’s say your diagnostic is a 150 and with study you can get it up to a 165 - that will give you a competitive chance at many T14 schools, or, alternatively, serious scholarship $$$ at a T50 school. So it may be worth it to wait out this cycle, score higher, and have better job prospects and/or little debt than to rush and take it this year.
    Obviously, only you can make that decision.
    Good luck!

I'm not a super genius but I believe I can score in the 160s this first time and in the 170's if I had another month or so. Maybe I'm seriously underestimating the test and overestimating my abilities but I have confidence I can do well if I just get the basics of what I'm supposed to be looking for in certain question types. I'm not looking at any top 50 schools because of my GPA so even if I underperform this time, it's not that big of a deal.

• maceodillardmaceodillard Alum Member
    40 karma

I might actually just take it and then cancel the score if i feel I did terribly

• I think you need to take the diagnostic timed and see where you are before making predictions on score or further study plan.