Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone applying ED and taking the Nov LSAT?

I know that the Nov LSAT is on the 17th. A lot of schools have their ED deadline as the 15th though, despite the website saying that students taking November LSAT are still eligible to apply ED. In this situation, do you have to call the school and tell them what's going on and they will make a note in your file?

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    I know that the Nov LSAT is on the 17th. A lot of schools have their ED deadline as the 15th though, despite the website saying that students taking November LSAT are still eligible to apply ED. In this situation, do you have to call the school and tell them what's going on and they will make a note in your file?

If you already have a reportable score, I think you have to email them and tell them to hold your application until your November score comes out. Otherwise, they will evaluate based on the score you already have.

If you don't have a reportable score and they let you apply ED without a score, they are going to wait for your score anyways, so I don't think you need to make a call.

• lindsaywlindsayw Alum Member
    21 karma

Have you contacted any of the admissions offices to ask...? I had the same question.

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@akistotle's explanation is straight on. If you're concerned though, then you should probably just call the office anyway. Doesn't hurt.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@akistotle said:

@"lady macbeth" said:

If you already have a reportable score, I think you have to email them and tell them to hold your application until your November score comes out. Otherwise, they will evaluate based on the score you already have.

If you don't have a reportable score and they let you apply ED without a score, they are going to wait for your score anyways, so I don't think you need to make a call.

hey @akistotle ! i already have a reportable score, but have not submitted the application yet even though it's ready to be sent out. should i call them about this before the application is sent or after?

edited November 2018 894 karma

@akistotle please PM me or respond when you see this! lol ty :blush:

edited November 2018 9372 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

@akistotle said:

@"lady macbeth" said:

hey @akistotle ! i already have a reportable score, but have not submitted the application yet even though it's ready to be sent out. should i call them about this before the application is sent or after?

USC automatically holds an app if the applicant is scheduled for a future LSAT and applicants can't even ask not to hold. Duke will automatically hold your app if you indicated on the app that you would take a future LSAT. But some schools (like Cornell) have a policy not to hold. I'm not sure if Columbia and NYU (which both have the 11/15 ED deadline) will automatically hold.

So I recommend calling the school to find out what their policy is before you send the app. They might say "Oh we don't hold. Once you sumbit it, your file is complete," right? In that case, I think you should submit on 11/15 and pray that they don't evaluate your app before 12/8.

894 karma

@akistotle said:

@"lady macbeth" said:

@akistotle said:

@"lady macbeth" said:

USC automatically holds an app if the applicant is scheduled for a future LSAT and applicants can't even ask not to hold. Duke will automatically hold your app if you indicated on the app that you would take a future LSAT. But some schools (like Cornell) have a policy not to hold. I'm not sure if Columbia and NYU (which both have the 11/15 ED deadline) will automatically hold.

So I recommend calling the school to find out what their policy is before you send the app. They might say "Oh we don't hold. Once you sumbit it, your file is complete," right? In that case, I think you should submit on 11/15 and pray that they don't evaluate your app before 12/8.

thank you so much for your help! yeah i called nyu, and they told me once i submit the app, to send them an email asking them to hold and then they will reply confirmining they've received my request. :)

9372 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

@akistotle said:

@"lady macbeth" said:

@akistotle said:

@"lady macbeth" said:

thank you so much for your help! yeah i called nyu, and they told me once i submit the app, to send them an email asking them to hold and then they will reply confirmining they've received my request. :)

Great! :)