Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on Blind Review Method

svg1215svg1215 Member
in General 16 karma

I was hoping to get some advice:
I've completed most of the course and am scheduled to begin taking 3-4 PTs/week until the January exam. I understand the blind review method, but I wanted to ask if you think it is ineffective to review and study each and every questions (including those I was 100% confident in) rather than only those I got right by chance, or questions I skipped/ran out of time for.

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

A few thoughts:

What does "most of the course" mean?

Most people here (me included) will tell you that 3-4 PTs a week is waaaaayy too many. Ideally, after a PT, you should be conducting an in-depth review of the test, identifying areas of weakness, and then returning to instructional materials to study and improve on those weak points. If you do not do each of those steps, subsequent tests are not likely to show you any improvement (since you didn't take steps to actively seek improvement).

As far as blind review methods, mine was not exactly like the method suggested by 7Sage. After a test, I would then redo each LR question / RC passage / LG game untimed and check my answer against the correct answer and my timed answer. If I got it right timed, I moved on. If not, I dug deep to figure out why I got it wrong under timed conditions. I parsed the stimulus language and wrote out why each A/C was right or wrong (for LR and RC). After reviewing each section in the manner, which typically took 2 days, I would then review the overall trends and go back to the CC for the "priority" areas of weakness (another 1-2 days worth of work). YMMV.

• svg1215svg1215 Member
    16 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker - Thanks for your response! Your explanation makes a lot of sense; and by "most of the course," I meant that I've gone through all of the material with the exception of a few problem sets on sections I felt comfortable with.

• unclesysyunclesysy Alum Member
    edited November 2018 106 karma

@svg1215 Personally, I found blind reviewing every question overkill.

Also, I found the process of marking questions for BR while taking PTs instructive. If I found myself getting a bunch of questions wrong that I didn't mark for BR, then something was going awry -- whether overconfidence, or approaching a question type incorrectly, or bad test taking tactics, etc. If I found myself circling a lot of questions but then getting them all right, then perhaps I was under-confident and not efficiently using my time.

• svg1215svg1215 Member
    16 karma

@unclesysy That makes sense, thanks for the advice!