Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you do in the 7 days leading up to a test?

thayraythayray Free Trial Member

How do you spend those last 7 days?

Comments

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited November 2018 1277 karma

Relaxing. Most of the hard work is over. You should know your approach to each section by now. I would continue to drill to stay sharp. Maybe repeat a section you did well on. This week is all about maintaining confidence. Make sure your ticket is situated. I would also suggest driving to your test location to make sure you know the route and where to park. Outside of that, watch some Netflix, workout a bit, and stay confident.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    edited November 2018 4850 karma

@ChaimtheGreat said:
    Relaxing. Most of the hard work is over. You should know you approach to each section by now. I would continue to drill to stay sharp. Maybe repeat a section you did well on. This week is all about maintaining confidence. Make sure your ticket is situated. I would also suggest driving to your test location to make sure you know the route and where to park. Outside of that, watch some Netflix, workout a bit, and stay confident.

Can 7Sage make a bot that posts this in every "I just bombed a test" post that November writers put up in the next 7 days?

• Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
    edited November 2018 454 karma

Honestly, do what you feel is right for you. I think it's good advice to give your brain a break for at least 48 hours before the test, but for some people slogging thru a weaker section/ going hard is what works for them. sitting around and trying to relax and not studying might actually increase anxiety, in which case studying could be a good idea.

I personally find doing untimed sections where I focus on really battling out the hard questions, not worried about time, is best the week before the text. I usually eventually get them right and that helps me feel confident. I know other people who really like doing times sections the week before, but not marking them. just doing them and feeling what it's like to not see the score, I think this is a cool approach. Some people redo sections they have done well on in the past, others netflix and chill. theres no objective right answer! If studying helps you build confidence then do that! if it causes stress, then step back!

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I’m laying off timed sections, but I’ll do some drills. Friday I’m just gonna do some self care and go to sleep early.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

I was going to take one last PT on Monday, and review it until Wednesday. And then I am done with anything LSAT period, Thursday and Friday I'm planning on just chilling.

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

Cry

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

I will be taking the week off from work, spending time each day to address remaining flaws in performance and renovating my guest bathroom. Ripping out drywall is cathartic. Best of luck!!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

Hey guys, we just released an episode on the podcast discussing this:

• notsplittsnotsplitts Free Trial Member
    267 karma

Red Dead Redemption 2

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

@john1roger said:
    Red Dead Redemption 2

I'd go with the full Matrix series (movies x 3 plus The Animatrix) myself, but I think we have the same idea of what to do with the time.

• thayraythayray Free Trial Member
    66 karma

@Sarah_9900 said:
    Cry

I feel like this suggestion ought to somehow involve chocolate.

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

@thayray said:

@Sarah_9900 said:
    Cry

I feel like this suggestion ought to somehow involve chocolate.

Ohh yeah, and a lot of ice cream.

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    edited November 2018 261 karma

I'm taking two rest days (Monday & Friday), doing a PT on Wednesday to work on timing (but I'm going to shred the test before grading), then do some assorted drilling until Saturday. Books away by 5pm each night.

• turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

@john1roger said:
    Red Dead Redemption 2

I'd go with the full Matrix series (movies x 3 plus The Animatrix) myself, but I think we have the same idea of what to do with the time.

I know what I'll be doing on Friday!

me vs trash answer choices:

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 770 karma

@turnercm said:

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

@john1roger said:
    Red Dead Redemption 2

Why do I always feel like I'm Agent Smith here. :(

• turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma

@tekken1225 said:

@turnercm said:

@LSAT_Wrecker said:

@john1roger said:
    Red Dead Redemption 2

Why do I always feel like I'm Agent Smith here. :(

to be fair agent smith is neo's logical opposite... can't have one without the other. maybe you're much closer to being neo than you think!

• TeaspoonTeaspoon Alum Member
    77 karma

Personally, I'm sticking with my normal LSAT routine. I'm happy where I'm scoring and I want Saturday to feel like just another preptest. For me - taking the time off would give me too much time to psych myself out!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Maybe keep reminding ourselves: I'm going to law school, I'm going to become an attorney, and I'm going to be a 1L before I know it.