Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Test postponed because of no proctors?

sortastressedbutokaysortastressedbutokay Free Trial Member
in General 85 karma

When I arrived at the testing center this morning, the proctors were MIA. 9AM rolls around and there are still no proctors. The representative of the university we were testing at called LSAC and they told her that the test would be officially postponed due to lack of proctors, and with that news, we all left the testing center. Has this happened to any of you before? If so, what options did LSAC give you to correct for the situation?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Wow, sorry to hear this. I’ve never heard of this before, but I suspect they will just give you a new test date or the option of a refund.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Wow omg. That is awful. I’d definitely be in touch with LSAC ASAP to find out how they will remedy it. Not a lot of precedence for that happening, I’ve never heard of proctors no-showing.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited November 2018 894 karma

That's insane! I wonder where they all went???? I'd just keep on the lookout for an email from LSAC about it and they'll give you a refund or a chance to take it on the makeup day.

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    261 karma

My test got cancelled today too. Wonder what’ll happen... if they reschedule in two weeks due to Thanksgiving, we’ll get our scores in 5 weeks, which leaves just 5 more weeks until the January test.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Whoa :worried: I'm so sorry to hear this! I've never heard of such a story before. This really sucks! I hope they'll set a new date ASAP and release the score on the same day as everyone else.....

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Oh LSAC, I see they are no less of a train wreck than they were last year!

Keep your head up, they’ll work things out for you eventually!

• sortastressedbutokaysortastressedbutokay Free Trial Member
    85 karma

It was a pretty strange situation. LSAC sent out an email to the affected test takers saying they will give us options next week. I think there were some extremely extenuating circumstances that caused the issue, but I doubt I will ever find out what happened. I think it will somehow all work out, especially since I wasn't feeling very prepared or well rested for today's test!

• sortastressedbutokaysortastressedbutokay Free Trial Member
    85 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Wow omg. That is awful. I’d definitely be in touch with LSAC ASAP to find out how they will remedy it. Not a lot of precedence for that happening, I’ve never heard of proctors no-showing.

I called LSAC immediately after I got in my car in the test center parking lot. They seemed as perplexed as I was!