Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡Official November 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread⚡

Comments

• malik.sannamalik.sanna Alum Member
    36 karma

@tbrit011 said:
    I had three LR sections if anyone can help me, I had a section that talked about monkies, another one with penguins, and another about the Amazon river riv the Pacific ocean

amazon pacific ocean was definitely real but i don't recall the other 2

• AyahhhhhAyahhhhh Alum Member
    90 karma

@sc1293 said:
    Had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

Did anyone have an LR with parallel flaw for the last question? I'm hoping that it was my experimental.

Was that LR section with the last question being a parallel flaw the section with 26 questions?

• leslieh327leslieh327 Alum Member
    130 karma

LG mining game was REAL lol

• 1025 karma

@ahous001 said:

@sc1293 said:
    Had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG

Did anyone have an LR with parallel flaw for the last question? I'm hoping that it was my experimental.

Was that LR section with the last question being a parallel flaw the section with 26 questions?

I had 3 LRs but damn damn that question was hard. It was so simple yet I didn't see the flaw.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@leslieh327 said:

Yeah. It caught me off guard too.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

In the sequence of LR-LG-LR-RC-LR, where bonobos was first, which was the other valid LR? Third or fifth?

• laroja.mccormacklaroja.mccormack Free Trial Member
    7 karma

@leslieh327 said:

How does ANYONE know what LG Section will be graded. That makes no sense since no one here works for The administrators of the test. The first LG section was harder than the last section. I actually think it makes sense that that one be graded. How does anyone know which was the experimental?

7 karma

@Summer17 said:
    Mining was real

How do you know this? You’re just guessing

• rachel.arachel.a Alum Member
    28 karma

@"laroja.mccormack" said:

@leslieh327 said:

How does ANYONE know what LG Section will be graded. That makes no sense since no one here works for The administrators of the test. The first LG section was harder than the last section. I actually think it makes sense that that one be graded. How does anyone know which was the experimental?

We know because people who only had 1 LG section are saying which one they had. And they had the mining game, so that section was the real one :)

• I have trouble remembering but was the LR section with the question about an anti theft device or the computer and human intelligence the real one or was it experimental?

• Nathan FNathan F Member
    51 karma

Some people (like me), only had ONE LG section and it was the mining game. Therefore, it must be the real section.

51 karma

Speaking of LG, the mining game took too long. However, I am pretty sure I got everything correct. Too bad I did not have time to finish the last couple questions of the last game.
    I had 2 RC, and of course I did much better on the experimental one. Oh well. I guess I won't break 170 this time.

• Qualia88Qualia88 Alum Member
    175 karma

Anti-theft was real. I thought RC and the two LRs weren’t bad but I really didn’t do great on LG. Disappointing since I’ve spent so much time on that but we’ll see. Did have the experimental LG as my first section and was proud of myself for staying focused even after kinda bombing that.

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

I had LR LG LR RC LR

I am convinced that my 2nd LR was experimental, I had a question stem type lsat hasn't used in like 10? 12? years?????

pllleeaasseee someone tell me that they had a hard time with LR for this set up.

I felt really good about my last LR but the first and second were difficult especially the second lol.

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    In the sequence of LR-LG-LR-RC-LR, where bonobos was first, which was the other valid LR? Third or fifth?

Pretty sure the fifth, let me know what you think.

7 karma

@"Nathan F" said:

Some people (like me), only had ONE LG section and it was the mining game. Therefore, it must be the real section.

Dope, thanks. Just checking I’m not freaking out

• DawnHenryDawnHenry Alum Member
    edited November 2018 298 karma

I found the LGs hard, but they are never my strong suit. The mining question threw me. Other than the first ? I guessed on most of that game. I do well on RC usually and felt this one went well, though I got a bit short on time on the last one, so who knows. I felt pretty good about the LRs, but one was definitely harder than the other 2 (I had 3 LRs) and I have no idea which one that was. It’s all a blur.

I don’t think I did worse than my previous one (158) but I’m hoping it was enough to break 160, my goal. Just no idea at this point.

• ZCSXMMRHZCSXMMRH Free Trial Member
    8 karma

I have 3 LR. The second one has a question about left half brain and right half and some comments on undiagnosed thing. That section has 25 question and the last one is a parallel question. The last LR has a question about native species going to extinct and initially thought it was the warmer water temperature but later determined that was the chemical. Do anyone who have 2 Lr remembers these two?

• ANSP7777ANSP7777 Member
    10 karma

Which of the logic games was experimental?

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

Is the LG with two outsides real?

• edited November 2018 1025 karma

@zw2453 said:
    I have 3 LR. The second one has a question about left half brain and right half and some comments on undiagnosed thing. That section has 25 question and the last one is a parallel question. The last LR has a question about native species going to extinct and initially thought it was the warmer water temperature but later determined that was the chemical. Do anyone who have 2 Lr remembers these two?

Second this. Also, with the warmer water question, was this apart of the section that started with the baboon flaw?

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

Does anyone remember how many questions were on the mining game? Thought it was only 5.

• Qualia88Qualia88 Alum Member
    175 karma

Pretty sure the mining game was five Qs. 13-17

51 karma

Dope, thanks. Just checking I’m not freaking out

I hope you did well. That game totally messed up my timing. At least we are all done now. Time to relax a bit.

• rchandra60rchandra60 Member
    19 karma

@"The Green Knight" said:
    I have trouble remembering but was the LR section with the question about an anti theft device or the computer and human intelligence the real one or was it experimental?

the question about the anti theft was the third LR for me (LR-LG-LR-RC-LR) I know the first LR (bonobos) was real but between the second LR (26 questions) and the last LR, I', not sure which one is real!!!! the second one was SOOO hard!!

Can someone who had 2 LR's confirm which LR was real?? Did you guys get a question about anti theft??

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

Don’t sweat it, man. Very few people leave an LSAT feeling good. It’s such a whirlwind. I’ve been obsessing since over whether or not I bubbled correctly. This was your first test, right? I think it’s a shocking experience with the lines and the horrible proctors and all that (my proctor started blasting music on his headphones and i told him to turn it off). Whatever happens, you can take it again. Experience really helps with these things.

@tekken1225 said:
    Is it just me or was LR hard?

So is it agreed that the LR with 26 questions was experimental?

I actually thought the whole test was hard. Feeling very depressed. :(

• edited November 2018 1025 karma

@rchandra60 said:

@"The Green Knight" said:
    I have trouble remembering but was the LR section with the question about an anti theft device or the computer and human intelligence the real one or was it experimental?

the question about the anti theft was the third LR for me (LR-LG-LR-RC-LR) I know the first LR (bonobos) was real but between the second LR (26 questions) and the last LR, I', not sure which one is real!!!! the second one was SOOO hard!!

Can someone who had 2 LR's confirm which LR was real?? Did you guys get a question about anti theft??

Anti theft was confirmed as real on reddit. Also, Reddit Nov. thread says the real LR sections are 25 and 25. 26 would be an experimental then.

• saysaymwsaysaymw Alum Member
    32 karma

@ANSP7777 said:
    Which of the logic games was experimental?

The first one

• smooshiesmooshie Core Member
    31 karma

LR LG LR RC LR
    test was not too bad, but I f-ed up on the third game.
    Real section for game:
    the months one, the one with 1pm, 2pm and 3pm slots, and two other seq games, one 6 variable, the other from days of the week
    RC:
    ancient civilization, Hollywood film and realism, blame and free will, entropy/big bang/universe

Anyone can confirm LR for me? (I had 3 sections, all 25 Qs)
    I had:
    bats and rabies
    car theft
    property value with (?) light installation, something about 30,000 price increase
    political activist says something on smaller political parties and economic prosperity/needing to change the system
    endangered oysters
    Andy Warhol art
    osteoporosis and diet/exercise

Please tell me which one you didn't get, if possible (my brain is dead)

• 1Science1Art1Science1Art Alum Member
    269 karma

@Nabintou said:
    3 LR.

Was Evergreen trees one real?

Evergreen was not real. I didn't have it

269 karma

@tbrit011 said:
    I had three LR sections if anyone can help me, I had a section that talked about monkies, another one with penguins, and another about the Amazon river riv the Pacific ocean

I had the Amazon Pacific Ocean question

269 karma

@"malik.sanna" said:
    Yessssss! Thanks so much guys! I’m so happy it was the Indus Valley one. I found that so much easier to read and get through :) you guys rock thanks for sharing

I majored in Humanities for my undergrad and had an entire semester on the Indus civilization. It was a treat to see that RC subject today. It was an easy familiar read for me too.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

@Louislepauvre said:
    Don’t sweat it, man. Very few people leave an LSAT feeling good. It’s such a whirlwind. I’ve been obsessing since over whether or not I bubbled correctly. This was your first test, right? I think it’s a shocking experience with the lines and the horrible proctors and all that (my proctor started blasting music on his headphones and i told him to turn it off). Whatever happens, you can take it again. Experience really helps with these things.

@tekken1225 said:
    Is it just me or was LR hard?

So is it agreed that the LR with 26 questions was experimental?

I actually thought the whole test was hard. Feeling very depressed. :(

Thanks man, appreciate it.

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

@smooshie I had LG as my experimental, and all your LR questions are real except the property value with light installation one

269 karma

@Ellewoods227 said:
    I had 3 LR sections. We’re the one talking about athletes and PED and the one talking about penguins and temperature real?

Penguins were not real as far as a I can remember. The whole thing was a blur

269 karma

@"H96 J.D" said:
    Section 1: LR
    Section 2: LG
    Section 3: RC
    Section 4: RC
    Section 5: LR

WHAT WOULD BE MY EXPERIMENTAL? Please explain??????

That's what I had. One of our RC was experimental. Which one though, IDK

• AyahhhhhAyahhhhh Alum Member
    90 karma

@TheDeterminedC said:

@zw2453 said:

Second this. Also, with the warmer water question, was this apart of the section that started with the baboon flaw?

Was that section the experimental LR?

• maceodillardmaceodillard Alum Member
    40 karma

Bruh the mining game threw me for a loop I didn't answer any correct I'm sure. Man I would've gotten a decent score if it wasn't for that game. Glad my LG was last though so my confidence didn't get rocked for the rest of the test.

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Any thoughts on RC? Everyone has been talking games and lr? I actually found rc challenging although nothing too hard.

• alipo12345alipo12345 Member
    16 karma

@luwenxi6 said:
    Does anybody get 3 LR that all have 25 questions?

YES!!! I was freaking out that I just somehow missed the 26th question on one them, but we're fine. We must have had a different experimental section from everyone else. I'm not sure.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

Things that I’m proud of:

After I bombed the first section (the experimental LG), I picked myself up and marched through the RC (as opposed to feeling sorry for myself and being emotionally destroyed...been there too).

When the proctor was playing music loudly on his headphones (seriously, who are these people?), I calmly called him, asked him to turn it off, and went back my section. I wasn’t affected by this really at all.

When construction was insane out the window (I took it in Long Island City in Queens, construction everywhere), i rolled with it.

I just powered through the last two sections. I don’t know where the energy came from. In the last section, the real LG, I got screwed up on the second game, skipped it in the middle, then skipped the 3rd (Mining), knocked out the last one in like 5 Minutes (that one was so easy for some reason), then went back and did the other two (mining last). I’m so grateful for 7Sage’s webinar on skipping strategies. It saved me in this test.

No matter my score, I’m happy with my performance. I showed heart out there, to be honest. And if I have to take in January (I really don’t want to), that’s fine too.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

@Nov2018Taker said:
    Any thoughts on RC? Everyone has been talking games and lr? I actually found rc challenging although nothing too hard.

I hated that movie passage. Tons of referential phrasing and just he entire concept drove me up the wall. I wanted to scream at the LSAC writers “ITS A MOVIE! JUST WATCH THE MOVIE AND STOP OVER ANALYZING EVERYTHING YOU NEUROTIC BUNCH OF WOODY ALLENS lol” The Indus passage was pretty ok.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 770 karma

@Nov2018Taker said:

I feel you. Some of the questions were tricky as hell.

The 2nd passage, about the movies and musical, was the hardest of the set. Like the second part of the passage took such a shitty turn, I was like goddamn man wtf.

Even the very first passage (the easiest of the bunch), I forget the topic (Indus?), had one tricky question at the end.

The double passage was pretty hard too. That crap about blame and free will. Ughhh.

The last passage, the universe and multiverse, was not easy either. The passage was decent, but questions were tricky and of course time is always an issue with the last passage.

• alipo12345alipo12345 Member
    16 karma

Thank you to everyone who posts. It is so encouraging, and I seriously love you all and cannot wait to study law alongside you.

My brain is done with today, and I can hardly remember the test except that I got completely thrown off by that stupid mining LG, and I typically get - 0 on LG; so I think I am in for a surprise this time. I had three LR's, so I am just fried from all the reading. Was the one about dolphins and sponges at the bottom of the sea real? It was one of the first couple of questions, I think the last section. I forget what the other sections were and what questions were there.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 2124 karma

I need to confirm that I’m not crazy, but did anyone think one of the LR questions on passwords and security looks like a similar question from a previous PT? I had 3 LRs so I don’t know if it’s experimental or not

• 1_2_aletsgoblue1_2_aletsgoblue Alum Member
    47 karma

Alright y'all. Freaked to find out that my decent LG section was real and my bomb LG section was experimental. Pray for ya boy

• 1_2_aletsgoblue1_2_aletsgoblue Alum Member
    47 karma

@Kermit750 said:
    I need to confirm that I’m not crazy, but did anyone think one of the LR questions on passwords and security looks like a similar question from a previous PT? I had 3 LRs so I don’t know if it’s experimental or not

I had that LG RC LR LR LG, and I had the password question. So it was real. But yes, they often use similar topics and similar stimuli. I swear a couple PTs I've seen identical stimuli with different Qs

• luwenxi6luwenxi6 Alum Member
    53 karma

@alipo12345 said:

@luwenxi6 said:
    Does anybody get 3 LR that all have 25 questions?

YES!!! I was freaking out that I just somehow missed the 26th question on one them, but we're fine. We must have had a different experimental section from everyone else. I'm not sure.

I think three people said that they have 3 25 question LR so far. I am also freaking out but I think I did check how many question I have for each section during the exam... Finger crossed...

• faddy878faddy878 Alum Member
    47 karma

When are the results supposed to come out?

I definitely didn't do so well on the LSAT. I didn't finish RC and LG. RC was a complete nightmare, idk what happened. I skipped game 3, and did game 4 and didn't have time to finish game 3.

• chromepepperchromepepper Alum Member
    13 karma

Upcoming January LSAT never looked so good. :/