Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡Official November 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread⚡

Comments

• supramoon99supramoon99 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2018 4 karma

I'm sure we all did fine.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

I tried a new RC strategy today, and skipped the comparative passage. I figured that if there wasn't a lot of time when I got back to it, I could read at least one of the two sections real quick and have a chance at the questions.

I'm glad I did. That physics passage about the Big Bang was hard. Ironically, I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast on the way to the test center with a mathematician who was trying to explain the Big Bang. I honestly think both those things saved me for that passage, and all of RC. I know that I would have drowned instead of treading water.

• LSATSurvivorLSATSurvivor Alum Member
    228 karma

Had 3 LR. I think I screwed up big time....couldn't finish LR. sigh...

• leslieh327leslieh327 Alum Member
    130 karma

@Eric szkarlat same! I was wondering which LG was experimental. Thank God.

• leslieh327leslieh327 Alum Member
    130 karma

Best nap I've ever had is post LSAT! I dreamed about car theft and monkeys eating leaves for medicinal purposes. ?

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 770 karma

@LSATSurvivor said:
    Had 3 LR. I think I screwed up big time....couldn't finish LR. sigh...

Same here, man. All 3 LR sections were hard. Definitely less cookie cutter and more curveball questions than preptests 50's and below.

• 1Science1Art1Science1Art Alum Member
    269 karma

@"laroja.mccormack" said:

@Summer17 said:
    Mining was real

How do you know this? You’re just guessing

Every LSAT test must have 1LG and any additional would be the extra or the experimental. So for those of us that only had 1 LG and it was the one with the mining companies and we are all confirming this together, we are not guessing, we can be sure that this is the one that is graded.

• supramoon99supramoon99 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2018 4 karma

These are the only things I can remember from the LG but I can't remember anything from the other section (so am unsure whether I did badly on the experimental):
    - Headquarter one
    -The one with J,K, L, H, N...

• jlaw7494jlaw7494 Alum Member
    60 karma

That mining LG was unfortunate

• Dhil2444Dhil2444 Member
    23 karma

Hey guys,

due to a concussion I'm writing the LSAT in a private room on Monday. I am seeing a lot of mixed comments on the degree of difficulty. Is there anything I should potentially review or go over before writing the exam? I'm getting extremely nervous. Were the LR sections really that hard?

269 karma

@"Eric Szkarlat" said:

@Kermit750 said:
    I need to confirm that I’m not crazy, but did anyone think one of the LR questions on passwords and security looks like a similar question from a previous PT? I had 3 LRs so I don’t know if it’s experimental or not

I had that LG RC LR LR LG, and I had the password question. So it was real. But yes, they often use similar topics and similar stimuli. I swear a couple PTs I've seen identical stimuli with different Qs

Same

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    edited November 2018 2798 karma

Yeah> @Kermit750 said:

I need to confirm that I’m not crazy, but did anyone think one of the LR questions on passwords and security looks like a similar question from a previous PT? I had 3 LRs so I don’t know if it’s experimental or not

I thought the exact same thing. See PT 11.

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Ok, seriously, I want my score already.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

At first when I left the test, I was like, “Man, that LR was easy as hell. I killed that shit.” Then I saw people saying it’s hard on here and on Reddit. Now I’m like, “Man, did I go for a bunch of trap answer choices? Oh no! No law school for me, i guess.” Yeah, so, maybe I’m not taking the next 3 weeks off haha

750 karma

@"Simple Man" said:
    I tried a new RC strategy today, and skipped the comparative passage. I figured that if there wasn't a lot of time when I got back to it, I could read at least one of the two sections real quick and have a chance at the questions.

I'm glad I did. That physics passage about the Big Bang was hard. Ironically, I was listening to a Joe Rogan podcast on the way to the test center with a mathematician who was trying to explain the Big Bang. I honestly think both those things saved me for that passage, and all of RC. I know that I would have drowned instead of treading water.

I’d be interested in knowing how that worked out for you. I have an exact opposite strategy. I always do comparative first. For a couple reasons, mainly I can get a rhythm going (hard for me to do that in RC). I always just read Passage A, then do the questions that pertain to that, then B, and the rest. Since I started that strategy, I rarely miss a question in the comparatives. I did multiverses last, and I got to read it and do questions, but I didn’t feel confident in my understanding. I was happy I devoted less time to that one because I felt there were some questions that I maybe just wouldn’t have gotten.

• mandyb10mandyb10 Member
    29 karma

Do they release the test itself before our scores? Or do we just have to wait three weeks?

750 karma

@mandyb10 said:
    Do they release the test itself before our scores? Or do we just have to wait three weeks?

Pretty sure it all comes at once. You’ll get PDFs of the test, your bubble sheet, your writing sample, all in your LSAC account.

• CathynanziCathynanzi Member
    14 karma

Has anyone heard of a test site being cancelled the night before the test? I was scheduled to take the test in Fair Lawn and received and email the night before stating it was cancelled. How does LSAC correct this issue? I want to be able to take the test twice (November and January) before having to submit applications for the 2019 Fall enrollment. Thanks in advance for any help or input.

• notsplittsnotsplitts Free Trial Member
    edited November 2018 267 karma

I messed up on the last game of the real LR. The one with Saturday- Sunday sequencing. I drew the diagram with only 6 days instead of 7 and only realized this mistake at the 5 minute warning. I bubbled c for the answers for this game. Got through mining and still had 13 minutes left. Thought the fourth game was the hard one because I messed up my diagram! Can’t believe it!

Two questions:

Is the AC order the same for everyone within each question?

If so, does anyone remember how many if any Cs were correct ACs for this game?

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

the movie passage was absurdly difficult to parse. Started off ok and by the end I had no idea what the purpose was.

• celine.suewenceline.suewen Free Trial Member
    9 karma

@Kermit750 said:

You're not crazy, I recognized it too! It was on a pretty recent PT too. Basically the same content as far as I remember

edited November 2018 770 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:
    the movie passage was absurdly difficult to parse. Started off ok and by the end I had no idea what the purpose was.

Same here. It started off fine, but then they started talking about musicals and realism on the 2nd half, and I was like what... the... f... is this??

770 karma

@john1roger said:
    I messed up on the last game of the real LR. The one with Saturday- Sunday sequencing. I drew the diagram with only 6 days instead of 7 and only realized this mistake at the 5 minute warning. I bubbled c for the answers for this game. Got through mining and still had 13 minutes left. Thought the fourth game was the hard one because I messed up my diagram! Can’t believe it!

Two questions:

I think there may have been couple C's, but honestly I can't really remember.

Lol. The converse happened to me, where I had to bubble all C's for the mining game. I know there were only 5 Qs for this game, but do you remember if any correct ones were C's?

• parkervukichparkervukich Free Trial Member
    82 karma

I had 3 LR sections - during the first section, on about question 12, my contact fell out and I took the rest of the test until the break with my left eye. I'm actually more concerned with how many people are saying the mining game was difficult - makes me think I might have thought it was too easy and completely messed it up. Oh well, most likely going to have to retake anyways!

269 karma

So I showed up to my testing center yesterday at around 8 am, at the local university and (for whatever reason in my head) I assumed the test will be held at the law college on campus. I happened to have to be dropped off also, but I didn't think that would be an issue, I just told my ride I'd meet him at 1:30 after it's done etc.
    Anyway, I go into the law school and notice there is no one around at all, and certainly not anyone with plastic bags. It occurs to me that the test is not going to be there. I manage to find a girl and show her my ticket and she tells me that the location is actually across campus at the most opposite spot that it could be. She said "don't worry it'll only take you about 20 minutes if you run".
    Now, of course, we don't have our cell phones on us because of the test, so I can't call my ride and i can't check the time, but I'm guessing that it is about 8:15 at this point. So I just begin running as fast as my out-of-shape legs can carry me. It is mostly uphill and the morning was about 42 degrees. But every time I wanted to stop I just kept asking myself "DO YOU REALLY WANT TO DO ALL THIS AGAIN IN JANUARY?" So I kept going. I finally found the general area around where I thought it might be, and had to rudely interrupt a group of students who were having a conversation to ask them if they knew where the hall was. Luckily I was close so I finished my mad dash and got in line to enter the room. I was the last one let in and they shut the door.
    All I can say to my dumb*ss self is I have spent the last 6 months learning not to assume anything until proof is provided, so why in the Sam Hell did I make that huge assumption??? Don't be like me kids.

2186 karma

@parkervukich said:
    I had 3 LR sections - during the first section, on about question 12, my contact fell out and I took the rest of the test until the break with my left eye. I'm actually more concerned with how many people are saying the mining game was difficult - makes me think I might have thought it was too easy and completely messed it up. Oh well, most likely going to have to retake anyways!

The game was really straightforward if you got the setup right. I think it wasn't intuitive for a lot of test takers. It was one of those games that makes you freeze and spin your wheels. Don't think the game itself was difficult though.

• msk12345msk12345 Alum Member
    247 karma

@tekken1225 said:

@john1roger said:

Two questions:

I think there may have been couple C's, but honestly I can't really remember.

Lol. The converse happened to me, where I had to bubble all C's for the mining game. I know there were only 5 Qs for this game, but do you remember if any correct ones were C's?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say C was the answer for 20% * however many questions that game had.

2186 karma

@Dhil2444 said:
    Hey guys,

due to a concussion I'm writing the LSAT in a private room on Monday. I am seeing a lot of mixed comments on the degree of difficulty. Is there anything I should potentially review or go over before writing the exam? I'm getting extremely nervous. Were the LR sections really that hard?

Don't think we're allowed to tell you what to focus on or anything like that. I predict a normal curve though so don't sweat it and do your best!

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

does anyone remember the LR question about ants and conifer trees?

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

@parkervukich said:
    I took the rest of the test until the break with my left eye.

I don't know why but I laughed out loud at this, out of context.

• parkervukichparkervukich Free Trial Member
    82 karma

Haha yeah - thanks a lot. I always read those comments like prepare for the worst, but I didn’t think I needed to practice taking the test with one eye closed. Just a suggestion for all you out there who wear contacts, try a section with only your non-dominate eye!

• turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma

@"Lucas Carter" said:

Yeah> @Kermit750 said:

I DEFINITELY saw a repeat LR question and I'm kinda mad that I can't remember it right now!!!

• 7Sage Fan7Sage Fan Alum Member
    24 karma

Hi, I'm just wondering, how do people know if a section was real or not? Have the sections been released yet by LSAC?

• 7Sage Fan7Sage Fan Alum Member
    24 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:
    So I had LR-LG-LR-RC-LR

I believe Bonbos eating leaves was the first section so that was real? Felt easy. Middle one took much longer to get through than I’m used to, so I’m guessing that’s the expirimental LR? Anyone know?

I had two LR sections, and Bonobos was one of them, so I think it was real!

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    403 karma

@"7Sage Fan" said:
    Hi, I'm just wondering, how do people know if a section was real or not? Have the sections been released yet by LSAC?

If someone had 2LGs, then they know that their 2LRs and 1RC were real. someone with 3LRs, 1LG and 1RC would know their LG and RC was real. So people are able to figure out which sections are experimental by talking with other people, who had a different experimental than them

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

I had the snifflers all over, a few coughers. Not super horrible. I almost started getting into the rhythm of my neighbors' constant sniffles. LoL. Gotta love cold and flu season.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 2124 karma

@turnercm said:

@"Lucas Carter" said:

Yeah> @Kermit750 said:

I DEFINITELY saw a repeat LR question and I'm kinda mad that I can't remember it right now!!!

The second one I can recall was on car theft and homing devices I believe. Those were the only two that stuck out to me.

• TeaspoonTeaspoon Alum Member
    77 karma

@TheDeterminedC said:
    LR, RC, LR, LR, LG

RC: Big Bang is the real one (only one I remember)

LR: Did anyone get a section about a person buying property with a swimming pool? That section was so hard. I hope it’s experemental

I feel like this rings a bell for me... and my experimental was RC. I could be wrong, things are blurry. Do you remember anything else about the stimulus?

77 karma

@Louislepauvre said:
    At first when I left the test, I was like, “Man, that LR was easy as hell. I killed that shit.” Then I saw people saying it’s hard on here and on Reddit. Now I’m like, “Man, did I go for a bunch of trap answer choices? Oh no! No law school for me, i guess.” Yeah, so, maybe I’m not taking the next 3 weeks off haha

I feel the same way! I had time to review one LR section and finished the other with a minute to spare. I've had PTs like this and some of them have been my top scores... some have shown me that I can move too quickly and fall into traps..

• iFrannieiFrannie Alum Member
    50 karma

@Ellewoods227 said:
    I had 3 LR sections. We’re the one talking about athletes and PED and the one talking about penguins and temperature real?

I had this question so it must've been real

• jemerigbe2jemerigbe2 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Section 1: LR
    Section 2: RC
    Section 3: LR
    Section 4: LR
    Section 5: LG

COULD SOMEONE HELP TELL ME WHAT WOULD BE MY EXPERIMENTAL?

77 karma

@jemerigbe2 your experimental is one of the LR sections you took. If you scroll through this thread, you'll see that the two scored sections have been identified by some of the stimulus subject matter.

• sc1293sc1293 Alum Member
    134 karma

Do you guys remember whether the LR section with question about a girl sending her application to be considered for an award, and mailing her application within 10 days was an experimental or the actual??

• AngusMcGillisAngusMcGillis Member
    edited November 2018 403 karma

@sc1293 said:
    Do you guys remember whether the LR section with question about a girl sending her application to be considered for an award, and mailing her application within 10 days was an experimental or the actual??

It was real, I had 2 LRs and seen this question.
    I remember this one because I thought that amazon prime and the express option was totally going to screw people up

50 karma

It's Monday morning post-LSAT and I am lost with what to do with my time since I am not studying. Anyone feeling the same weird way? Lol

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

@Louislepauvre said:

@"Simple Man" said:

I’d be interested in knowing how that worked out for you. I have an exact opposite strategy. I always do comparative first. For a couple reasons, mainly I can get a rhythm going (hard for me to do that in RC). I always just read Passage A, then do the questions that pertain to that, then B, and the rest. Since I started that strategy, I rarely miss a question in the comparatives. I did multiverses last, and I got to read it and do questions, but I didn’t feel confident in my understanding. I was happy I devoted less time to that one because I felt there were some questions that I maybe just wouldn’t have gotten.

That multiverse passage was brutal. I got through 1/2 the questions are started really wondering if I understood whose side the author was on. I only got to answer 2 questions on the comparative and blind guessed on the other 4. The first two passaged seemed pretty straight forward.
    I'm brutally awful at RC, my goal was to go under - 10 on that section-- I feel like I might have accomplished that.

• JK_fish92JK_fish92 Alum Member
    175 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    does anyone remember the LR question about ants and conifer trees?

F yes I do I must've spent at least 2 minutes on that one and changed my answer 3 times.
    Should've just guessed and bubbled D and cut my losses after reading through it for the first time because I left 3 questions on the table that I had to randomly guess on that section.

269 karma

@Haglerfran said:
    It's Monday morning post-LSAT and I am lost with what to do with my time since I am not studying. Anyone feeling the same weird way? Lol

Absolutely, it's a weird reality not having to study right now

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

@Haglerfran said:

Gosh yes! I feel so unproductive. I've been binge watching some TV shows when I know I should be working on apps smh.

50 karma

@Kermit750 said:

@Haglerfran said:

Gosh yes! I feel so unproductive. I've been binge watching some TV shows when I know I should be working on apps smh.

Yes apps...part 2 of the process...i told myself i would take this week off, celebrate Thanksgiving with my family bc my nose has been in the books for months and come Monday I'll get right back on it.... any shows to recommend?