Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using an eraser during LG practise?

vxsinha96vxsinha96 Member
in General 58 karma

Bit of a random question but - during test day I was told to try and minimise your eraser use, but does that mean that you should practice LG without it completely? Or still have it with you in case?

Comments

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

It's easier and more time saving just to scratch out mistakes and start over. JY mentions it all the time. I had to actually train myself not to use the eraser. Just scratch it out and keep moving. There is plenty of space in the LG section of the test. If you read/hear there is not, that's referring to the old tests. I could've done 4 logic games in the space I had available to do each one on the actual test.

• vxsinha96vxsinha96 Member
    58 karma

@Supernovice Thank you!

• Qualia88Qualia88 Alum Member
    175 karma

The one time I find it's valuable is when using charts. It's just too time consuming for me to redraw those type of game boards so I like to just add new pieces to my master gameboard (circling them so I can tell them apart from the original pieces) and then just erase them after that question.

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

You're welcome. Another thing to consider is the digital LSAT is coming soon and from what I understand (what I read) is that you will be given scratch paper and an ink pen--not a pencil--for the logic game section, so you won't even have the option of using an eraser.

58 karma

@Qualia88 Ah okay, that makes sense

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    edited November 2018 261 karma

You don’t need to not use your eraser, etc. As you do LG, though, you’ll find that penciling out old work is more time efficient than erasing. Also, I find that erasing work gets confusing because the old work is still somewhat visible. Insofar as LG is a super visual section, that can get problematic.

Ideally, though, you want to be in a position where you’re not having to erase or pencil out mistakes. If you must erase, pencil it out instead. Write small so that when you do make mistakes, it isn’t time consuming to fix.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It's always best practice to practice the way you will do things on test day. So if you plan not to use an eraser, then don't practice with one.

That said, erasing things is unnecessarily time consuming. You have a lot of space on the test. It's best to just scribble out work that is bad and draw it again. The only time you should really erase is if you need to change an answer on the scantron sheet.

58 karma

@redshift @Leah M B thank you! I'll keep an eraser with me, but plan not to use it unless I really need to :)