Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

International Student Undergrad Transcript

My undergraduate degree is from outside of the US. I already provided LSAC with an official English transcript of my undergraduate in the sealed university envelop as well as my undergraduate diploma. My undergraduate institution does not issue an official transcript in the original language (which is non-English) in the sealed university envelop. I also have an MS degree from an institution in the US. However, LSAC says they will not process my Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report until they receive the official transcript in the original language in the sealed university envelop. Anybody has had this issue in the past? Any solution? I have asked LSAC multiple times that you can reach out to my undergraduate institution to verify that they do not issue the official transcript in the original language in the sealed university envelop, but LSAC does not want to reach out to my undergraduate institution.

Comments

• joycool9567joycool9567 Alum Member
    133 karma

What a joke. Im also an international student but LSAC never asked me for a transcript in the origianal language.

• trahand10trahand10 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 9 karma

Really? Are you from a non-English speaking country? So, did you just provide LSAC with an official English transcript in the sealed university envelop and LSAC accepted it and produced your CAS report? @joycool9567

• amicuslsatamicuslsat Alum Member
    178 karma

That's horrible! Have you tried catching them on the phone? I think it's easier to dismiss someone via email than on a phone call.

LSAC is causing me major delays in my application too since they just asked for my verified degree certificate two days ago and my university takes a month to verify and seal documents. :(

• trahand10trahand10 Alum Member
    9 karma

I have called LSAC many times. If you are from a country whose language is non-English, has LSAC asked you for your official transcript in the original language in the sealed university envelop? @amicuslsat

• juandelrurijuandelruri Member
    8 karma

was your degree in English or other language? my degree is from a Japanese university but my degree was all in English (the language of instruction) and LSAC accepted my transcript fine. I also had to submit another transcript from other university which has Spanish as language of instruction, the university had to translate that one to English with an official translator. then the university sent LSAC the original transcript (the one in Spanish) and the translation. I think you are probably also required to do so depending on what language of instruction your university use. I think you will have to keep asking your university and ask them maybe to call LSAC or to give you a document certifying that they do not issue transcripts in the original language. LSAC will not do that for you.