Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC is the devil.

Anybody else find the LSAC website to be extremely frustrating and difficult to navigate? I'm in the middle of setting up my applications and am finding it redundant and overly complicated. It even kicks me out sometimes and I'll have to restart my browser just to get back in.

You'd think that after CAS fees, LSAT fees, and application fees the LSAC would be able to afford and produce a seamless website that would expedite this entire process 100 fold. Anyways end rant. I just wanted to let anybody else out there who finds the LSAC website more aggravating than it has to be that you're not alone. I'll get back to work now.

LSAC level of evil.
  1. How evil is the LSAC?71 votes
    1. Evil
        5.63%
    2. Really evil
        1.41%
    3. Greedy, outdated, malevolent schemers that take all our money - the most evil.
      92.96%

Comments

• edited December 2018 534 karma

First of all, more than doubling the cost of CAS reports over the last few years was such a dick move -___-

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" It really was! A few years ago I think it used to be $16. App fees are already so expensive so to tack on their fees is totally ridiculous. It should be included with CAS.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" @Emily2122 Right?! The cost is ridiculous. But to pile on a junk website from the Aol.com era for that cost is just wrong. CAS really isn't even necessary the way they have it set up.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I personally can't get over the $125 charge to change LSAT test locations. I mean, it costs them nothing. I understand it a bit for changing your test to a later date, since that means one less test taker than expected. But just to switch from one location to another? That's practically the same amount as registering for a whole new test. So completely unnecessary. And the CAS report fee is outrageous. I thought the $35 last year was bad. An extra $10 per report hurts.

I am guessing that the steep increases in recent years are related to the taking of the LSAT electronically. They not only have to develop the software platform, but are purchasing thousands of tablets to take it on. The whole system is archaic compared to the GRE and other tests. Why not do it similarly to the GRE, take it on already existing computers and many times per year? So frustrating.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited December 2018 1804 karma

What irritates me the most about the LSAC website is the fact that I have to click the "Secure Login" button in order to access my account, as opposed to simply pressing the enter key after typing my ID and password like about 99.99% of websites do these days.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

The entire process is mind boggling. It completely disenfranchises people of color and those who are low income, which are the people we should be seeking to add diversity to the legal field. I hate it and I’m going to reform it when I’m president 😂

• meletzyoshermeletzyosher Free Trial Member
    66 karma

@FixedDice hit through tab button then press enter

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

@cqas190517 said:
    The entire process is mind boggling. It completely disenfranchises people of color and those who are low income, which are the people we should be seeking to add diversity to the legal field. I hate it and I’m going to reform it when I’m president 😂

It’s cool though that you can have all those fees waived. It’s just a process (like everything else in that evil organization) that I’m sure is soul-crushing.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I LOVE the results of this poll.

• UnicornFartsUnicornFarts Alum Member
    222 karma

Everyone unanimously voted for the third one lol there's so much rage

• UnicornFartsUnicornFarts Alum Member
    222 karma

Also, $45 per school is insane.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

I did not expect 97.5% LOL

• @cqas190517 said:

And law schools/some firms make such a huge deal about increasing or showcasing diversity. How do you expect us to get to you if we have no money to spend the thousands needed to seriously do a thorough round of studying the LSAT, taking the test, and putting together a solid application.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

And law schools/some firms make such a huge deal about increasing or showcasing diversity. How do you expect us to get to you if we have no money to spend the thousands needed to seriously do a thorough round of studying the LSAT, taking the test, and putting together a solid application.

^^^THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES.
    All the application fees, testing fees, etc. And that's before you ever get accepted to go! Then you get a letter that says "Congratulations!" and asks for a few hundred more in seat deposits. LoL

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

F**k the LSAC. Seriously, worst “non-profit” monopoly out there.