Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡Official November 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread⚡

Comments

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

@akistotle I’m asking because people are writing that the removal of the question makes it like a -11 curve

• DawnHenryDawnHenry Alum Member
    298 karma

I just got mine (very happy, made my goal). I saw it on the website first then got email about 2 minutes later.

• LSATTTTTTTTLSATTTTTTTT Alum Member
    84 karma

From what section was the question removed? Fingers crossed for games...

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

Got my score. I had already planned not to retake so for everyone else out there who’s heading back into the trenches, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in both the test and your pursuit of the law!

• turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma

@LSATTTTTTTT said:
    From what section was the question removed? Fingers crossed for games...

The last question in RC (multiverse)

• TheRach3TheRach3 Alum Member
    35 karma

Got my email (and it's also posted online in my account).

If it helps on knowing the curve....I got a 171 and looks like I answered 9 questions incorrectly.

Also: 7Sage gets so much credit for that score. JY, I will be happy to write you the best review you've ever seen. It required hard work of course, but 7Sage gave me the tools so that my work was effective.

It's within the range I really wanted and knew I was capable of, but still almost more than I'd dared to hope for.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@Nov2018Taker said:
    @akistotle why are questions removed? Is it because too many people got them wrong?

The question gets removed when the question contains some errors or ambiguities. I’m guessing LSAC double checked and realized that the question isn’t good.

• 1Science1Art1Science1Art Alum Member
    269 karma

Am I the only one who hasn't received her score yet? Why is mine delayed?

• ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
    88 karma

@1Science1Art I'm still waiting too!

• Non-classical LawgicNon-classical Lawgic Alum Member
    57 karma

Just got my score. See y’all in January. :)

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

I’m still waiting

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Still waiting too!

• DawnHenryDawnHenry Alum Member
    298 karma

They release scores in waves, not all at once. Hopefully you have it soon!

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    894 karma

ahhhhh went -0 in games. but LR killed me!

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:

How did you get your breakdown? I’m pretty sure I had the opposite problem. Unfortunately went 5 under my average but I was going to retake regardless so I’ll be ok.

• rchandra60rchandra60 Member
    19 karma

How do we know how many we got per section?

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

I did one point worse than September, which I was NOT expecting. Pretty crushed. I was thinking about delaying a cycle, but someone I talked to said clearly my two scores are consistent with who I am as an LSAT taker. I feel like that's not true, and it rubbed a little salt in the wound. I was PTing 6-7 points above my score on recent tests, fully simulated. I don't know what to think.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

@Chardiggity said:
    I did one point worse than September, which I was NOT expecting. Pretty crushed. I was thinking about delaying a cycle, but someone I talked to said clearly my two scores are consistent with who I am as an LSAT taker. I feel like that's not true, and it rubbed a little salt in the wound. I was PTing 6-7 points above my score on recent tests, fully simulated. I don't know what to think.

Retake. If you were PT'ing that way then you can do better.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

Pleased with my score! Especially for how test day went for me personally. I will be retaking, but it's something to build on for sure. I hope everyone else did well.

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

anyone else still not received their score?

• mgraha11mgraha11 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

July-144
    September-147
    November-153

I’ll take it

894 karma

@mgraha11 said:
    July-144
    September-147
    November-153

I’ll take it

Congratulations! You’re doing amazing esp that jump.

894 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@"lady macbeth" said:

How did you get your breakdown? I’m pretty sure I had the opposite problem. Unfortunately went 5 under my average but I was going to retake regardless so I’ll be ok.

What do you mean how did i get my breakdown? I just checked the chart to see which answers i picked vs which credited ones i got right haha ugh so angry about the Lr.

• Sara_3080Sara_3080 Alum Member
    432 karma

I GOT AN EMAIL BUT AM TOO SCARED TO CHECK welp

• lorenposslorenposs Alum Member
    41 karma

@mgraha11 what do you think most helped you accomplish your jump from your september test to the november administration? I am retaking in january and hope to see a a few point jump like you, I’m going to pick up studying again this coming week & start in my weakest areas from my november test.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    edited December 2018 770 karma

Got exactly the same score as what I was scoring on my PT average. Exactly the same. Not a point more or less.
    Got massacred on LR, but did the best I have ever done on LG (my weakest section by far so was pretty surprised). Scored my average on RC.
    LR... was just brutal.

• ksdenosksdenos Alum Member
    102 karma

September- 155
    November- 168

Phew. Now about those applications...

• sc1293sc1293 Alum Member
    134 karma

Also scored my average!! Went from 154 to 168, thank you so much 7Sage!! Couldn't have done it without this awesome community :smiley:

• mgraha11mgraha11 Free Trial Member
    39 karma

@lorenposs said:
    @mgraha11 what do you think most helped you accomplish your jump from your september test to the november administration? I am retaking in january and hope to see a a few point jump like you, I’m going to pick up studying again this coming week & start in my weakest areas from my november test.

For me the biggest thing was executing a game plan. My logic game was a consistent -5 but my LR and RC fluctuated. I took several practice test to the point I scored almost exactly the same on each LR/RC section. Then I took a practice test at the actual testing site the week before the actual lsat and got a 153. I then executed the same game plan on test day and got a 153 again on the real thing.

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

@tekken1225 said:
    Got exactly the same score as what I was scoring on my PT average. Exactly the same. Not a point more or less.
    Got massacred on LR, but did the best I have ever done on LG (my weakest section by far so was pretty surprised). Scored my average on RC.
    LR... was just brutal.

Same! LR is usually my best section and this test slaughtered me - I got twice as many wrong in LR as what I normally get in PTs.

• LarsenLawLarsenLaw Alum Member
    14 karma

@ksdenos My first score is similar to yours, just got a 156. Any advice on what you did to get that jump in one month? Congrats!!!

• Llama WhispererLlama Whisperer Alum Member
    138 karma

I going to just give up now. I just keep getting the exact same score over and over.
    June 159
    September 158
    November 159
    I PT fully simulated with 165+ I don’t understand... I’m just so discouraged
    I won’t be writing again as I have already applied, and I’m a Canadian student so applications already sent out and done

652 karma

@"Llama Whisperer" said:
    I going to just give up now. I just keep getting the exact same score over and over.
    June 159
    September 158
    November 159
    I won’t be writing again as I have already applied, and I’m a Canadian student so applications already sent out and done

Hey, I know it's tough but you still have one more shot in January. I'm a Canadian applicant too and planning to rewrite in January. Did you do a breakdown of what your weaker sections are and then focus on those weaknesses? Getting 3-4 more questions right can bump you into the 160s.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    edited December 2018 2689 karma

Well, I knew I was going to be seeing ya'll next year. I am. No miraculous change of plans, darn it. :lol: Third times the charm, right?
    The funny thing is... I had months of not being able to do any Lsat study between Sep and November because of school load (I should have just withdrew from Nov testing, I know). 1 pt difference between the testings.

• katiewallace0918katiewallace0918 Free Trial Member
    23 karma

@ksdenos what do you think helped you between September and November with your score?

138 karma

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:
    June 159
    September 158
    November 159

Hey, I know it's tough but you still have one more shot in January. I'm a Canadian applicant too and planning to rewrite in January. Did you do a breakdown of what your weaker sections are and then focus on those weaknesses? Getting 3-4 more questions right can bump you into the 160s.

I’m just so discouraged and I feel like I wasted all that time and effort and money to just get the same result. So frustrating because I know I PT at a higher level. And the errors I get in each section fluctuate. I usually -2 for LG but this time the mining game I got -5. Usually LR is -4 or -6. And RC scan be a mess but I think I did alright this time. Super shocking because I choked on the September exam and this time coming out of November I was thinking wow I did it, felt like a normal PT no surprises. And then I get my score and it destroys me.

I don’t think I’ll be rewriting in January, I think I just want to sit this cycle and see what happens. I’ll graduate with my undergraduate degree first and maybe when I’m done that I’ll retake and reapply next cycle

• bendrummond33bendrummond33 Alum Member
    96 karma

155, see you all after finals are over lol!

652 karma

@"Llama Whisperer" said:

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:
    June 159
    September 158
    November 159

I’m just so discouraged and I feel like I wasted all that time and effort and money to just get the same result. So frustrating because I know I PT at a higher level. And the errors I get in each section fluctuate. I usually -2 for LG but this time the mining game I got -5. Usually LR is -4 or -6. And RC scan be a mess but I think I did alright this time. Super shocking because I choked on the September exam and this time coming out of November I was thinking wow I did it, felt like a normal PT no surprises. And then I get my score and it destroys me.

I don’t think I’ll be rewriting in January, I think I just want to sit this cycle and see what happens. I’ll graduate with my undergraduate degree first and maybe when I’m done that I’ll retake and reapply next cycle

I felt the same way - I thought I did fine in this test and even figured out the mining game but LR really did me in. I scored 4 points below what I was PT'ing at.

Taking some time off from the LSAT and revisiting it later on may be a good idea. If this cycle doesn't work out, taking a year off is good for gaining experience and strengthening your application. I ended up taking 6 years between undergrad and law school lol.

• tekken1225tekken1225 Alum Member
    770 karma

Yeah, LR really wrecked me. Both sections, but the 1st LR section, I never missed that many questions in a LR section in any of my practice tests. Feelsbadman.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Finally got to look at my breakdown. I bombed my second LR section which is usually my strongest section. But still scored 13 points above my 147 diagnostic. Even though I’m a little disappointed I’m looking forward to improving some more with everyone else who is planning to retake!

138 karma

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:
    June 159
    September 158
    November 159

I felt the same way - I thought I did fine in this test and even figured out the mining game but LR really did me in. I scored 4 points below what I was PT'ing at.

Taking some time off from the LSAT and revisiting it later on may be a good idea. If this cycle doesn't work out, taking a year off is good for gaining experience and strengthening your application. I ended up taking 6 years between undergrad and law school lol.

I think that’s an option for me. I’m currently in my 4th year. I’m stuck between two options.
    1. Take the January exam (4th LSAT take) and study hard until then to improve my score and still have a shot at improving my LSAT this cycle. BUT risk getting the same and having to do the LSAT a 5th time after I graduate for the 2020 intake cycle.
    OR
    2. Just give up on the 2019 cycle, see what happens, if I get in anywhere, and after I graduate study hard and get a good grade on the 4th retake for 2020 cycle.

What do you think?

• @"Llama Whisperer" said:

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:
    June 159
    September 158
    November 159

I think that’s an option for me. I’m currently in my 4th year. I’m stuck between two options.
    1. Take the January exam (4th LSAT take) and study hard until then to improve my score and still have a shot at improving my LSAT this cycle. BUT risk getting the same and having to do the LSAT a 5th time after I graduate for the 2020 intake cycle.
    OR
    2. Just give up on the 2019 cycle, see what happens, if I get in anywhere, and after I graduate study hard and get a good grade on the 4th retake for 2020 cycle.

What do you think?

I’m in the same boat and am going with the latter option. I don’t want to be on record taking the lsat 5 times. If I retake, it’s going to be for an exam where I have 3+ more months to study and guarantee a higher score. Jan/feb is too close. Hopefully this will end up being a good cycle and neither of us has to retake.

652 karma

OR

What do you think?

I think it depends on how you're feeling. Take 2-3 days off from the LSAT and revisit this when you are in a better state of mind. There's roughly 7 weeks from now until the January LSAT, and it depends on whether you can pinpoint your weaknesses and improve on those weaknesses during this period (also consider the holidays and be realistic in your ability to study while everyone is celebrating). If you think you're up for it then definitely go for it. Otherwise, enjoy the holidays and kill your last term in the new year.

In the grand scheme of things delaying one year is not a big deal. Get some work/volunteer experience while studying and you'll start law school a stronger and more mature student. A word of advice though - keep your GPA up. In my fourth year I was pretty much over being in school and just coasted. It is now costing me (ie. I have to get a higher LSAT score than if I just put my head down and focused during my last year of undergrad).

138 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:

@Guillaume said:

@"Llama Whisperer" said:
    June 159
    September 158
    November 159

OR

What do you think?

I’m in the same boat and am going with the latter option. I don’t want to be on record taking the lsat 5 times. If I retake, it’s going to be for an exam where I have 3+ more months to study and guarantee a higher score. Jan/feb is too close. Hopefully this will end up being a good cycle and neither of us has to retake.

I agree! I thought taking 3 times was already bad. I do not want to take 4th and risk a 5th. I also think I should try my luck this cycle

• khanrsoniakhanrsonia Alum Member
    42 karma

I got the exact same mark as September. Same percentile and everything. Crushed but at least it's in the 160s . I packed up all my LSAT materials after the Nov test so that's it, I'm done y'all. We'll see where it takes me, but it was a painful process. Best of luck to all of you out there. This will be my last time on 7Sage so thanks for being such a cool community.

• ChandymenChandymen Alum Member
    119 karma

I got crushed. 7 points below my PT average and very disappointed in how I did in each section. I don't know what happened. Maybe it was the nerves of the first take. The only positive was that I nailed the mining game...lol. Hopefully January goes better.

• Qualia88Qualia88 Alum Member
    175 karma

Pretty disappointed. Ended up with a 166 which was pretty far below my PT average. I knew games would be make or break for me and sure enough I bombed them. Really didn't want to sit out another cycle as I'm already 30 but think that's my best option at the point. Congratulations to everyone who hit their goals. On the plus side looking forward to sticking around this community a little longer.

• hanelizehanelize Free Trial Member
    13 karma

On the same page as a lot of you. I PT’d consistently at 165 and ended up scoring a 157. Pretty disappointed but it could have been worse. I’m not sure what to do. The score is plenty good enough to get into the schools I’m applying to (157 is all their 75th percentiles in past class profiles and I had a 3.4 GPA) but I was hoping to score higher for scholarships. But my main school has a Feb 1st deadline for scholarship applications so even if I take the January LSAT, I won’t meet the deadline.

• parkervukichparkervukich Free Trial Member
    82 karma

I went -2 on LG and on LR I somehow missed questions 8 through 16 (every single one). I had to have mixed up numbering. Ended up with a 153. This was my first time, but still Incredibly frustrated. I needed a 158+. January is too soon I feel. Gonna wait another cycle. Eff man.

• sortastressedbutokaysortastressedbutokay Free Trial Member
    85 karma

Its almost 10PM and I am feeling left out! C'mon LSAC!!!