Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potential Retake After Full time Study

xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
in General 428 karma

I quit my 40-70 hour a week job to study full time for the November test in mid August. I was PTing near my goal, but I may have had an off day when I took the November test. If I'm going to retake the test I think I would want until at least March to retake, just to make sure I'm ready. If I do need to retake, should I look for a new job since a gap won't look great on my resume? I feel like it's tough to land a relevant part time gig, and I know I can't go back to a job as demanding as my previous one while studying.
Also, I've been volunteering 10-15 hours/week since leaving my job and plan to continue to do so, but will that alone be acceptable on my resume for such an extended period of time? Any advice would be really appreciated!

Comments

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

You've started fretting about this a little prematurely... In 24 short hours or so, you should have one key bit of information that will affect this scenario. Once the scores have posted and you know for sure, we can go from there without the wild card speculation.

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    428 karma

@Supernovice said:
    You've started fretting about this a little prematurely... In 24 short hours or so, you should have one key bit of information that will affect this scenario. Once the scores have posted and you know for sure, we can go from there without the wild card speculation.

I scored 5 points below my goal/PT average and I want to retake in March.

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

I think you'll be okay with a that small, easily explainable, gap in employment. I would suspect it would be a major concern if you took 2 years off work to study for the LSAT, but a couple months should be insignificant to your application.