Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

159 Sep ---> 169 November!

Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
edited December 2018 in November 2018 LSAT 454 karma

Thanks 7 sage! I wish i could start celebrating but i have another exam tomorrow lol.

Comments

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

Do you mind sharing how you did that?

• Sam TylerSam Tyler Alum Member
    edited December 2018 454 karma

@lsat_kp20 said:
    Do you mind sharing how you did that?

Anxiety was a huge issue for me in September, I was PTng 165-169 going into September and then bombed, this time was more prep for RC and just way less anxiety cuz i knew i could get through it and what to expect.

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

Text anxiety was definitely an issue for me. I believe my score reflected that as well. RC brought my score down as well. How did you go about bringing that score up?

@lsat_kp20 said:
    Text anxiety was definitely an issue for me. I believe my score reflected that as well. RC brought my score down as well. How did you go about bringing that score up?

Honestly brute force with RC just doing eight to twelve passages a day for a month.

Test anxiety is a tough nut to crack. For me writing the second time felt way easier, i also had the experimental as section one which was a godsend because it took me like twenty minutes to relax. Have you only written once or multiple times?

• The Wizards BakerThe Wizards Baker Alum Member
    edited December 2018 35 karma

Great job! Sounds like we had a similar experience. I was PT-ing 163-165 going into the test but I got 158 in September. But I got 165 in November, same as my highest practice score!
    Test anxiety was probably the biggest factor for me as well. Despite all the practice, I was still really nervous the first time. The second time I approached it like another PT. Even though I had practiced at my test center before September, the parking situation was weird on test day due to a football game on both my exam dates, so I was prepared for that the second time.
    @lsat_kp20 I took a several week LSAT break after September to regroup since anxiety and burnout affected me for that test, plus college was in full swing. LG is my weakest section and RC is second weakest so in the remaining month or so I started with a week cram of just RC, focusing on the hardest passages and those with subject matter I struggle with. I focused more on weak passage types than full sections. I think that cram paid off since none of the passages threw me for a loop in November like they did in September. In the remaining weeks I did as many LG sections as possible of all types but that was really more to gain confidence than improve.
    Leading up to September I was still doing full PTs with BR right up to the test and I think that just stoked my anxiety, especially since I got an inexplicably low score on my last PT. For November I just did timed sections of all 3 types, especially easier sections, in the week leading up to the test. I didn't score them, I just trusted I was doing as well as I was going to do and focused more on getting through the sections in a good state of mind rather than improving my accuracy afterwards. That helped my confidence a lot and helped me get into a better flow on test day than the first time.

• RemainCoRemainCo Alum Member
    18 karma

Congrats!

454 karma

@RemainCo said:
    Congrats!

thank you!

@"The Wizards Baker" said:
    Great job! Sounds like we had a similar experience. I was PT-ing 163-165 going into the test but I got 158 in September. But I got 165 in November, same as my highest practice score!
    Test anxiety was probably the biggest factor for me as well. Despite all the practice, I was still really nervous the first time. The second time I approached it like another PT.

exactly this! I actually realized my second go that theres a point when it made sense for me to let go of intense timed / BR tests and allow myself to just study the way you want too (or not at all) leading up to the list, I found it made it alot less anxiety provoking on test day. I remember the first time I arrived early and did an entire timed LR section in the car while I waited and then scored it, and did badly. I told myself I was warming up but in reality it just crushed my confidence minutes before the test, probably the worst possible to thing you can do the day of a test lol

• The NoodleyThe Noodley Alum Member
    662 karma

Congrats!!!!!!

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

Well done. 💪