Nov Retake missed target score :( In need of help

ajstephens93ajstephens93 Alum Member
in General 116 karma

Hello all,

Hope your studying is going or went well. I recently retook the lsat this past November and scored a 159. It was my second attempt. I got a 155 on my first attempt. I am wondering if I should retake in January or March. My target score is a 165 and I am worried about not getting into school. My cumulative GPA is a 2.93 although I have a medical explanation for my poor performance during my first two years which tanked my GPA. I am really not sure what I should do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

What was your PT average/high score? March is too late for this cycle. I think if it’s just a matter of hitting your practice averages then you can definitely nail that down by January, but if you were scoring about a 159 in practice it’ll be pretty hard to get that up to 165 on the real thing in just a few weeks

• ajstephens93ajstephens93 Alum Member
    edited December 2018 116 karma

My practice scores ranged from 160 to 166. I usually scored in the low to mid 160s. My BRs were between 171 and 175.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would definitely retake in January then!

• SupernoviceSupernovice Alum Member
    323 karma

+1 on @MissChanandler, retake it in Jan., for sure. It'd be different if your PT's were lower. Maybe you didn't eat the right breakfast or get enough sleep. Maybe the questions on this particular test were just more demanding on you than usual. Could be anything. Put your head down and drive on!

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I have all the same numbers. I'm planning on sending out apps in late January, clicking that box on the app that says, "LSAT scores still pending..." then contacting the schools with my January score on Feb 15 when scores are released. Does this sound like a good plan to everybody @MissChanandler @ajstephens93 @Supernovice? I'm not applying to T-20. I hear that I have a little more flexibility with the timeliness of my apps. Thanks for any insight!

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

@Louislepauvre @ajstephens93 I'm in the exact situation as both of you (PT'd in 160s and shockingly got a 156 in Nov./retaking in January). Let me know if you'd like to review/study together!

• ajstephens93ajstephens93 Alum Member
    116 karma

@Louislepauvre

Hey bud. I have not applied to any Murican schools yet, but the Canadian ones were the same with the future score box. It seems like a good plan to me. Nice to know there are others in the same boat as me!