Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scholarships and Retake Suggestions

I finally got my LSAT score, and I went from a 163 in September to a 166 on the Dec 1 test. I am pretty happy with that, as it puts me above the 75% at every school I want to apply to, except one that I don't even know if I really want to attend. However, a 166 is lower than every score I have had on a prep test after I began studying.Before I began I got a 160 and 158 on prep tests. During my studies this summer I got I believe a 168,169, and 170. However, because of a very hectic semester, I had to stop studying before I took the actual tests. Should I retake in January? The only reason would be to place myself at the LSAT median of UVA (the one school I mentioned earlier) and to increase my chance for scholarships at all the other schools.

My current numbers are 4.00/166, and I think I have strong recs and pretty okay softs. How likely am I to get significant or full scholarships? Would retaking make much of a difference? Would applying late December/early January still put me in a position to get these scholarships?
Right now, I think my first choice is Wake Forest, but I still need to visit other places like Washington & Lee, William & Mary, and others with similar stats in NC and VA.

Comments

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

First off, congratulations on your 166! It looks like the difference between your PT scores and your actual score are in the wheelhouse of what's called the "test day penalty" where you can expect to lose a couple of points from the PT numbers because reasons. In my non-expert opinion, with your numbers and those schools, I think your best bet would be to apply ASAP with what you have. I don't think this "late" in the cycle, that you'd gain much of an advantage in terms of scholarship offers by bumping up a few points. Good luck!