Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Partners

mrbuttonsmrbuttons Alum Member
edited February 2019 in General 179 karma

Just wondering if there is any one in the downtown area in NYC city wanting a study partner or study goup. Let me know if interested. I am planning on taking January Lsat and we can all meet in the library.

Comments

• jimmyrivera201-1jimmyrivera201-1 Core Member
    547 karma

Me

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

I live in LIC, could maybe come downtown. What library?

• vichinskyvichinsky Alum Member
    502 karma

Same.

• mrbuttonsmrbuttons Alum Member
    179 karma

Hey guys I am honestly willing to move aroound anywhere in the city as long as it's easy for everyone. On weekends I am fully available at any time and on weekdays I am available after 5PM because of work. I work in the downtown which is why I figured we can create a study group around the area. There is the NYPL Battery park branch which closes at 6pm on Mondays Wednesday and on Tuesdays and Thursdays it closes at 8PM. If you guys are up to this location or if there is a better one for you please let us know. My cell is 347 401 8842

1810 karma

Thanks! So, I live in LIC, Queens, and I do have a nice big common area on the ground floor of my building that would be good for group study - it's only one stop on the 7 from Grand Central. I can totally also go to that library downtown. This library in the West Village is also pretty awesome: https://www.nypl.org/locations/jefferson-market ... I am available all day on Fridays and Saturdays, but I normally work till as late as 8:30 on other weeknights. I can potentially do mornings - even crazy early. After a year (!) of scoring in the (sometimes high) 160s on PTs, I was devastated by my 152 in November. Ready to burn my Powerscore books, I've now started on 7Sage. I was far too lenient with my previous PTs, giving myself extra time, and scoring lucky guesses as correct, and I ended up cheating myself. This was confirmed this weekend when I took my first PT (on here) since the disaster and my "real score" was 153 and my "blind review score" was 166. I know I have it in me to score in the high 160s for real ... and I'm determined! I do feel isolated in my studying, so it would be nice if we can schedule something and meet to do blind review together - talking out the questions that give us the most trouble.

179 karma

@"rachael.shapiro" said:
    Thanks! So, I live in LIC, Queens, and I do have a nice big common area on the ground floor of my building that would be good for group study - it's only one stop on the 7 from Grand Central. I can totally also go to that library downtown. This library in the West Village is also pretty awesome: https://www.nypl.org/locations/jefferson-market ... I am available all day on Fridays and Saturdays, but I normally work till as late as 8:30 on other weeknights. I can potentially do mornings - even crazy early. After a year (!) of scoring in the (sometimes high) 160s on PTs, I was devastated by my 152 in November. Ready to burn my Powerscore books, I've now started on 7Sage. I was far too lenient with my previous PTs, giving myself extra time, and scoring lucky guesses as correct, and I ended up cheating myself. This was confirmed this weekend when I took my first PT (on here) since the disaster and my "real score" was 153 and my "blind review score" was 166. I know I have it in me to score in the high 160s for real ... and I'm determined! I do feel isolated in my studying, so it would be nice if we can schedule something and meet to do blind review together - talking out the questions that give us the most trouble.

Hey I am fine either at the common foor area or meeting in the west village library. Based on your availability we can do either Friday or Saturday. Lets see what the others say. Thanks

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma

Hi All, i'm in the downtown area as well and am happy to meet at the Battery Park library or the other one if better. Studying for Jan 2019 after a shocking lower November score.

1810 karma

I propose we do some blind review on the Nov. test. I haven't had the courage to look at it yet. What do you guys think? I love the West Village library, but since we'd be limited in its hours and we'll need to talk out loud, I'm happy to host in the common area of my building if you're willing to schlep out one stop on the 7 to Long Island City, Queens. I could provide snacks. Anytime Friday or Saturday works for me. Let's get it going?

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

Hi guys! Any chance I could join this study group? I would definitely prefer to meet in-person. I would be available mainly on Saturdays. I work in midtown, and I’m usually downtown during the weekends.

1810 karma

Yes, skhan012018! Would you be willing to come to Long Island City, Queens, this Saturday? It's one stop on the 7 train from Grand Central (Vernon/Jackson Blvd.) We want to do some blind review on the Nov. test. I think meeting at a downtown library is a good idea too, but maybe we can do this first one without being limited by its hours and be able to talk out loud more freely? I know I get annoyed when groups of people are talking when I was taking PTs at the libraries...Saturday anytime is good...the space is open 8am-11pm. LauraC829 - did we meet at the meetup the day we found out our scores?

179 karma

Hey skhan012018. Yes we would love to have more people in our group. We are planning to meet this Saturday either at the library or the common area in LIC. Let us know what time and place is best

1810 karma

Yep. If everyone prefers a library, I can do that too. I saw this person recently also looking for an NYC group: vroman113.

603 karma

@"rachael.shapiro" said:
    Yes, skhan012018! Would you be willing to come to Long Island City, Queens, this Saturday?

Hi @"rachael.shapiro" and @mrbuttons, yes I don't mind meeting up in LIC. I think it would be easier to have a discussion there as opposed to one of the NY public libraries.

I had a BR session at the Amazon bookstore by Herald Sq. recently and although small, it was a productive session (another location option).

I'm thinking Saturday between 1:30pm-5pm? I wouldn't be available in the morning unfortunately.

Lmk, thank you.

1810 karma

Yes. I'm totally down with 1:30pm-5pm this Saturday, and I can provide snacks. There may be some other folks in the room (it costs $$ to rent it for privacy), but it's big, so I think it will be good. Let's see how it goes, and we can always decide to meet elsewhere next time. @skhan012018 - did you also take the Nov. test? Buttons and I both did and we were thinking we'd BR it. Sound good?

• Username_LSAT_TakerUsername_LSAT_Taker Alum Member
    6 karma

Hi y’all. If anyone wants to study together this Friday, I’m available during the day any time. I’m in Ridgewood, Queens so can really get anywhere. If you get there early enough, the cafe in Barnes and Noble is a great place to study and to get together with a small group of people.

Caitlin

• Username_LSAT_TakerUsername_LSAT_Taker Alum Member
    6 karma

@Username_LSAT_Taker said:
    Hi y’all. If anyone wants to study together this Friday, I’m available during the day any time. I’m in Ridgewood, Queens so can really get anywhere. If you get there early enough, the cafe in Barnes and Noble is a great place to study and to get together with a small group of people.

Caitlin

*Barnes and Noble in Union Square.

edited December 2018 179 karma

Hey Rachael I am down for 1:30PM this Saturday

1810 karma

So does anyone else want to join me and @mrbuttons tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 22) at Jefferson Library in the West Village to BR the Nov. exam? @skhan012018 we didn't hear back from you. We want to decide on a time, so just making sure none of the rest of you can make it? Happy holidays!

179 karma

Hey Rachael Lipton
    for tomorrow would you like to meet at around noon?

1810 karma

Noon it is! I know it's Christmastime, so if anyone else is just busy this weekend and wants to join us next time, that's great too.

603 karma

Hi guys, sorry I didn’t see the messages earlier, I’ve been very tied up at work.
    Lmk about the next session and I’ll see if I can make it. Thank you.
    And happy holidays!

1810 karma

No worries! We're planning on BRing the second half of the Nov. exam this Saturday, Dec. 29.

603 karma

Gotcha. By second half, which sections are you referring to?