Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Admissions decisions on a weekend?

cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌

Have you guys ever gotten EMAILED admissions decisions on the weekend?

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

No. But thats just me.

• edited December 2018 534 karma

@cqas190517 said:

Did you? I assumed they weren't in the office/didn't do anything related to admissions on the weekend.

• cqas190517cqas190517 Alum Member 🍌
    535 karma

@"Michaela.Pratt1" said:

@cqas190517 said:

Did you? I assumed they weren't in the office/didn't do anything related to admissions on the weekend.

No, I’m asking because the Asst. Dean of Admissions emailed me to say that I’d receive a decision “by the end of the week” last week. And when Friday came and went I began to think he meant Sunday....? Well either way, I guess I’ll find out someday lol.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

All of mine have come a at the end of the day on Mondays or Fridays (mostly Fridays). Then again, I've received a personal assurance from an adcom on decision timing. Best of luck!

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited December 2018 3652 karma

If you apply to Duke via priority track and your 10th day is over the weekend, they will respond to you over the weekend. Other than that it seems like schools typically don’t get back to you on weekends. I have heard of people getting calls later in the evening on weekdays like at 7 pm but that may just be due to time zone differences.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

@oshun1 said:
    I have heard of people getting calls later in the evening on weekdays like at 7 pm but that may just be due to time zone differences.

...or law school admission offices work like biglaws. I noticed that some emails were sent at odd hours, e.g. around 5 a.m.