Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Bac?

meelo_seameelo_sea Free Trial Member

I'm thinking about taking some post bac classes at my undergraduate institution.. maybe a class or two to help raise my gpa. I had a 2.87 due to many circumstances that I've written an addendum about. If I could raise my gpa to at least a 3.0, that would greatly increase my chances in getting accepted along with my LSAT which I am hoping to retake in the summer.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any advice for/against? Not sure if law schools would consider post-bac classes when looking at applications. My goal LSAT score is at least a 165 by the summer. I have been hitting mid 150's and received a 153 on Nov's exam.

I work a full-time job and have been out of school for about a year now and plan on re-visiting the core curriculum at the start of next year. I had previously used 7sage about a year ago but never fully went through the CC or drilled LG's so I'm excited to see my improvements once I complete and implement those into my study schedule.

Thank you!

Comments

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

@meelo_sea said:
    I'm thinking about taking some post bac classes at my undergraduate institution.. maybe a class or two to help raise my gpa. I had a 2.87 due to many circumstances that I've written an addendum about. If I could raise my gpa to at least a 3.0, that would greatly increase my chances in getting accepted along with my LSAT which I am hoping to retake in the summer.

Does anyone have any experience with this or have any advice for/against? Not sure if law schools would consider post-bac classes when looking at applications. My goal LSAT score is at least a 165 by the summer. I have been hitting mid 150's and received a 153 on Nov's exam.

I work a full-time job and have been out of school for about a year now and plan on re-visiting the core curriculum at the start of next year. I had previously used 7sage about a year ago but never fully went through the CC or drilled LG's so I'm excited to see my improvements once I complete and implement those into my study schedule.

Thank you!

Since you already received your first bachelor's degree, the post-bac program will unfortunately not count towards your LSAC GPA. Your 2.87 will be what schools focus on, but if you improve to a 165 by the summer then you could be looking at some good options since many law schools are splitter friendly.

• edited December 2018 534 karma

@eRetaker said:

@meelo_sea said:

Thank you!

Since you already received your first bachelor's degree, the post-bac program will unfortunately not count towards your LSAC GPA. Your 2.87 will be what schools focus on, but if you improve to a 165 by the summer then you could be looking at some good options since many law schools are splitter friendly.

This is correct. After you receive your undergraduate B.A., your GPA is locked in. Nothing you can do to change it. If you took high school courses at a local college or something, CAS will combine those grades into your undergrad GPA. But, that's something that had to occur before you graduated college.