Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to 7Sage! What tips do you have/what do you wish you had done different (studying wise)?

Blake MorrisBlake Morris Core Member
in General 102 karma

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Start logic games early!

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2124 karma

Don't pressure yourself/rush the process. Depending on where you're scoring and your goal, it's going to be a long journey, so focus on truly understanding the material and not obsess over your PT scores.

Fool proof LG 1-35 after you go through the LG curriculum.

After you go through the CC don't jump into PTs. Focus on your weak areas through drilling of question types and sections. It will pay off when you take PTs.

Blind review and do more blind review.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Welcome! This applies more to the PT stage, but: don’t get too hung up on scores, especially when you’re far out from the actual test. Everything is a learning experience. And you can do it!

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    Welcome! This applies more to the PT stage, but: don’t get too hung up on scores, especially when you’re far out from the actual test. Everything is a learning experience. And you can do it!

Yes, I second this. Don't get hung up on the bad days. It's not about individual data points, it's about the overall trend.

• edited August 2018 534 karma

Not payed $1200 for a Powerscore class. Self study and pay $300–600 for online classes like 7Sage.

• ElleWoods77ElleWoods77 Alum Member
    1184 karma

Don’t move on in the CC until you can completely understand the concept . Rushing through the CC will do you more harm than good. I also echo with the above about not getting to beat down about scores . Focus on understanding, higher scores come with understanding.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

Be intentional when you go through the CC. Don’t take PTs until you feel that you have made significant progress. Utilize the 7sage community, the users here are truly supportive.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Signing up for 7Sage earlier. :)

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Signing up for 7Sage earlier. :)

This. ^^

Also, realize that 4-5 months might have been too much too soon, and I burned out pretty hard right before my first testing. If it takes 3 tries and over a year, then it does. It's not a race. I would go back and take more time.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@AudaciousRed, You're right.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Fool proof RC sooner.

• chicago234chicago234 Alum Member
    163 karma

get flash cards of the logic indicators and review them briefly every night before bed (takes 5 minutes). you should know the 4 groups like the back of your hand

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

when taking timed PTS DO NOT PAUSE THE TIMER for anything. shut your phone off. try and condition yourself for what it will b like on test day

• 5MoreMinPlease5MoreMinPlease Yearly Member
    edited December 2018 128 karma

Don't take strategies for granted, and continue practicing by using the strategy. Although it may feel unintuitive at first, strategies are what will help you beat time and increase accuracy.

Even if you know it from a gut feeling, force yourself to understand why certain things are correct and others incorrect at the forefront. Most questions will repeat patterns in some way, and identifying when that happens is rewarding when you dive into Practice tests.

Finally, be consistent. Even if it's only 2 hours a day. Make it a habit to study everyday.

• Hinde SophiaHinde Sophia Alum Member
    165 karma

I wish I'd started a Wrong Answer Journal sooner and been consistent with it. It's been really helpful to see the patterns of where I'm going wrong so I know what to drill.