Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone do study abroad as UG and see it's on your transcript but doesn't show in LSAC?

kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member

So I was looking at LSAC's academic summary for me, and noticed that it looks like an entire year is missing from my undergrad --- which is the same year I did a study abroad. My UG transcript lists my pass/fail (which is how it transferred in)...but now seeing the year gone in LSAC does this mean I need to get a transcript from them? Doing so might really delay my application submission. Would love input. Thanks!

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

https://www.lsac.org/applying-law-school/jd-application-process/cas/requesting/international-transcripts

This might be helpful to take a look at. I have a feeling you might need to request your study abroad transcript

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    edited December 2018 231 karma

Thanks, @Kermit750 . I'm not sure if htis applies to me, because this says "more than a year"...but I was only there one year. It is showing on my undergrad transcript, just not in LSAC. How confusing!

• AndriiOnyskoAndriiOnysko Alum Member
    62 karma

Did you have your transcripts submitted by Your foreign school or by some educational evaluation service?

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

@kpj744___ said:
    Thanks, @Kermit750 . I'm not sure if htis applies to me, because this says "more than a year"...but I was only there one year. It is showing on my undergrad transcript, just not in LSAC. How confusing!

I studied abroad for a semester, but they still requested a transcript. I would call LSAC directly to see what they think

• sortastressedbutokaysortastressedbutokay Free Trial Member
    85 karma

I think you are supposed to get a transcript for any place you took any classes for credit. I had to request a transcript for 1 class I dual enrolled in during high school. So I would suggest starting the process of getting that transcript pretty soon.

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    edited December 2018 231 karma

I will call LSAC to be sure, but this is what I see on that link you sent me originally @Kermit750 .

"Do NOT have a transcript sent from an international institution IF your bachelor’s degree is from a US, US territory/associated state, or Canadian school, and

the total amount of work you completed at all international institutions combined is equal to or less than the equivalent of one year of undergraduate study in the United States, its territories/associated states, or Canada, or

your work was completed through an overseas study program that was clearly sponsored by a US, US territory/associated state, or Canadian school. In this case, the transcript must be sent by the sponsoring school."