Nondisclosed test - different/tailored study strategies??

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

So the July 2018 non disclosed test was the February 2014 LSAT. The February 2018 test was the February 2016 test.

So it seems like nondisdisclosed test are around 2/3/4 years older than when they are given. So for the upcoming January 2019 non disclosed test, should we be focusing/prioritizing on PT's in the 2015/2016 range? This would be PT's in the mid to late 70s?

Should we do this as opposed to focus on the very most recent exams (mid 80s)?

(Let's assume we have 5 weeks left to the January test, and we're trying to choose which 5 PT's we are planning to take - mid 70s or mid 80s).

I've heard the more recent PT's have changed. Though I haven't taken PT's from 74-86, so I can't really speak about the more recent changes. Can someone explain the differences between PT's in the early 70s to PT's in the mid 80s?

Is there a big difference btw PT's in the mid to late 70s and PT's in the mid 80s?

If there is a difference, should focus more on PT's in the 70s, since that is what is more likely to be represented on a non disclosed test?

Also, it seems like non disclosed test seem to have had a pattern of kinda weird games. Should we be more intentional in practicing those?

any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. thank you.

Would love any feedback from the most wise and experienced @NotMyName and @"Cant Get Right" !! thank you!!

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited December 2018 9372 karma

@username_hello said:
    The February 2018 test was the February 2016 test.

I believe this isn't true. The February 2018 LSAT in North America was a new test, not the February 2016 LSAT. (The international February 2018 LSAT in Asia was the February 2016 LSAT in North America.)

The February 2016 LSAT had a RC section which started a passage about Edmonia Lewis. But RC in the February 2018 LSAT started with a passage on Alain Locke.

As you may know, July 2018 LSAT was added to the schedule in January 2018: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/14839/new-lsat-test-date-july-23-2018/p1

I don't know why they added that date, but I guess they didn't have the time to create a new test. So they picked the February 2014 LSAT from the emergency reserve pile of previously administered nondisclosed tests.

Usually, international tests and make-up tests (nondisclosed) are previously administered tests (like February LSATs). February LSATs in North America have been new tests. Since the January 2019 LSAT is equivalent to a February LSAT this cycle, it will probably similar to the ones in the PT80s.

But I'm only guessing here!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

I’ve actually only ever taken disclosed tests, though that’s completely coincidental. I think @akistotle pretty much has you covered. In any case, there’s not much difference between the newest tests and the only slightly older ones any way. If you study for one you study for both.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Tests in the 70s and 80s are very similar. I think making a strategy for these is just probably overthinking it. Just prepare for the more recent tests as usual, and you'll be fine. Trying to game it probably just takes more effort than it's worth.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Yup. Agreed with above.

In my case, I used lots of PTs between 40-84 for timed PTs, BRed them thoroughly, and returned to questions that gave me difficulty once and awhile afterward. By test day, I was prepared for whatever material they threw at me. This is the approach I recommend.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

@NotMyName @"Leah M B" @"Cant Get Right" @akistotle

gotcha thanks so much for the feedback! :)

• redshiftredshift Alum Member
    261 karma

Word on the street is that, even though January will be undisclosed, it'll be a new undisclosed, not a previously used one.