Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For RC, when you skip/circle a question, come back when finish Q's for passage or when done section?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
edited December 2018 in Reading Comprehension 1755 karma

For RC, when you skip/circle a question, do you come back to that skipped/circled question once you finish all the 7 or 8 questions in that section, or do you come back at the very end of the section (once you've completed all the other 26 questions).

i think there are pros and cons of each.

For the first approach (coming back after you finished the 7 questions in that passage), there's a concern that not enough time has passed to let that question "subtly process" in your brain. Also, there's the concern that you still have to do like the other questions in the passage, and so you may get time sucked into that 1 question even more such that you don't have enough time to do the other questions.

For the second approach (coming back after you finish the entire 27 question section), there's the concern that after having done 2-3 more passages, when you go back to that question, your mind wouldn't be as "fresh" because you just did other passages.

Idk those are just some of my thoughts.

Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I think people are different; however, if I skipped a question in RC, I would come back to it prior to moving on to the next passage. There is no way I could revert back to a previous passage's material / theme if there were multiple other RC passages between that question and my last reading of the passage at hand. RC, more than any other section, tended to be one I would trust my "gut" or intuition on, because of the depth of the material. IMHO, you cannot dedicate too much time in any one question or you risk not having time for the rest.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

I personally choose to come back to those circled questions once 'touchdown' at Question 27 is done. For me, doing this at the end of each passage isn't helpful because more time needs to be passed for me to have a fresh mind haha. By adopting the former approach, I sometimes get to identify certain nuances/tricks that I overlooked the first time dealing with particular questions.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I am still struggling with RC more than any other section, but I seem to do slightly better by coming back when as much time has passed as possible, so I will generally finish out the section first and then come back to circled questions