Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I have enough time to study? (Three Months)

YouKnowNothingYouKnowNothing Core Member

Hey guys I recently graduated with a masters in legal studies this December so now I have nothing but free time. Though I have not taken a diagnostic or done any pretresting for the lsat I believe I’m good at logic games and reading comprehension.

Anyway do guys believe studying full-time for three months (6hrs/day) and using the 7Sage starter pack will be adequate for a high 160s to170 score. I have also purchased the newer lsac PTs (60-81)and will be drilling those newer PTs twice a week. Does anyone have tips or a daily schedule? Anything helps...

BTW I am applying for Fall 2019 admissions so taking it now is a must!

Comments

• 604wannabealawyer604wannabealawyer Alum Member
    94 karma

Make it 8-9 hours and study in three hour blocks. Learn the basics first but then try to do two preptests per week and make sure to look up what blind review and repetition for games are. Reading comprehension is mainly MBT but in longer paragraphs so make sure that the answer completely fits with the stimulus. Tricky answers will make part of the question appealing and make the second part of it wrong. Even one tiny wording or phrase could trap you. Good luck, this should be enough to help you get started

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

Honestly, no one can answer this question without knowing what you've scored on your most recent PTs (taken under test day conditions) and your average score in each section.

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

It is rare, but possible, to reach high 160s to low 170s in 3 months but it does seem pretty rare. If you share your practice scores we can share some tips.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

I'd suggesting doing a diagnostic test first and getting some real numbers, that's the only way we can really give you an idea of its possible or not. Lots of people need 3 months just to get through the curriculum. It takes people a while to get into the groove of prep testing, which doesn't mean you just go through as many PTs as possible but do detailed review. Basically, there's a lot of factors at play and it will be easier to answer once you have a diagnostic score.