Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7sage vs bibles and manhattan for beginner stage ?

naqibahashrafnaqibahashraf Alum Member
in General 21 karma

hi all,

while I did see other posts asking which is better between 7sage/powerscore, I am not sure what preparation stage the other members were at when asking their question.
we
For me, so far, I consider myself to be still learning the fundamentals. So far, I have read the trainer and bibles. While they have helped me tremendously in reducing incorrect answers when I drill untimed, i feel that I am still not being able to apply what I learn properly.

For instance, on LR, I feel like i don't have much of a problem understanding the lessons about what flaws are, what needs to be looked for, what causes an argument to be come strengthened, etc. However, when I do actual questions, my greatest struggle is not in knowing what to look for, but rather in being able to understand how to apply lessons to actual LSAT questions. Similarly, I feel that I am still missing questions untimed on RC.

while i have read the bibles so far, i don't think I mastered them...I read them rushed when I didn't know exactly when I would take the exam, so i am cosidering reading them again. I wanted to ask that given my weakness specifically in having a shaky foundation, do you guys suggest self studying again(first attempt at this was not as serious as my full potential) with powerscore/manhattan and then 7sage for polishing or 7sage for foundation?

I know that drilling is good for building foundation and ingraining the correct thought process which is what i plan to do intensely regardless of which one i go with..I just am looking for the course that better teaches the though processes so i can better apply them to drills. I also have all the practice tests so I don't find it helpful to join a course just because of all the preptests..mainly looking for the one that teaches the techniques better so that i can apply them more properly!!

Thanks so much

Comments

• Patz4lifePatz4life Alum Member
    214 karma

If you still feel like a beginner after reading the bibles and the trainer you might think about adjusting how you read and study. For some those two books alone can be sufficient studying for the test.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

LG: 7sage and powerscore
    LR: Manhattanprep and LSAT trainer
    RC: a combination of the above

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

I don't know if you've done 7Sage, but I think the Core Curriculum of 7Sage is the best course to learn fundamentals.

I'm a bit biased obviously, but I did PowerScore Bibles, PowerScore in-person weekend course, LSAT Trainer before 7Sage, and I felt the same way as you did 😅

I honestly think 7Sage is the most comprehensive course, so I recommend just doing 7Sage if you haven't already.

• Harvey_lHarvey_l Alum Member
    268 karma

I read trainer, but I felt like the CC of 7sage is a great starting point as it teaches you foundations really well.

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    edited December 2018 700 karma

I'd use the one that fits your learning style as well as plays to the writing style you most prefer. The Trainer is conversational. The Bibles are more to the point and mechanistic. 7sage has a unique forum on which it feels like JY is speaking to you directly through videos.

However you learn best will dictate which resource to use. They're all targeted to teaching you the same stuff, but I will say, 7sage is probably the most comprehensive, especially because it even touches on things like grammar which I found to be immensely helpful in parsing LR arguments.

• 615 karma

I started with CC and just finished lsat trainer. I feel like it was really great in combination with CC, and was sufficient enough for learning the fundamentals. I plan to go back to CC notes again to make my own comprehensive cheatsheet.
    It could be that you need more practice with the drills? I try to BR all the drill questions, write reasons for everything... This process helps me a lot with applying the methods I learned from the cc and trainer.

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

@naqibahashraf said:
    hi all,

while I did see other posts asking which is better between 7sage/powerscore, I am not sure what preparation stage the other members were at when asking their question.
    we
    For me, so far, I consider myself to be still learning the fundamentals. So far, I have read the trainer and bibles. While they have helped me tremendously in reducing incorrect answers when I drill untimed, i feel that I am still not being able to apply what I learn properly.

For instance, on LR, I feel like i don't have much of a problem understanding the lessons about what flaws are, what needs to be looked for, what causes an argument to be come strengthened, etc. However, when I do actual questions, my greatest struggle is not in knowing what to look for, but rather in being able to understand how to apply lessons to actual LSAT questions. Similarly, I feel that I am still missing questions untimed on RC.

while i have read the bibles so far, i don't think I mastered them...I read them rushed when I didn't know exactly when I would take the exam, so i am cosidering reading them again. I wanted to ask that given my weakness specifically in having a shaky foundation, do you guys suggest self studying again(first attempt at this was not as serious as my full potential) with powerscore/manhattan and then 7sage for polishing or 7sage for foundation?

I know that drilling is good for building foundation and ingraining the correct thought process which is what i plan to do intensely regardless of which one i go with..I just am looking for the course that better teaches the though processes so i can better apply them to drills. I also have all the practice tests so I don't find it helpful to join a course just because of all the preptests..mainly looking for the one that teaches the techniques better so that i can apply them more properly!!

Thanks so much

I originally used Powerscore for all three sections. I felt like they do an amazing job with logic games because I did not have to review it much after finishing the book. On the other hand, powerscore did not help me at all with logical reasoning. I highly recommend 7 sage and Manhattan prep for logical reasoning. I would just start with 7 sage for all three sections, then buy more study material if you need it. I wish I had known and started with 7 sage from the beginning because it would have saved me some time and money.

• naqibahashrafnaqibahashraf Alum Member
    21 karma

thank you all for this info. for those who have purchased the bibles, does anyone have any input as to whether :

1) what does 7sage offer for LR that manhattan does not..do y'all think that manhattan might be sufficient for LR with tons of drilling?

2) how might 7sage for RC be different compared to other sources?

I feel as if the core on 7sage is great, it's just that i already have manhattan and powerscore books+preptests from when i first started thinking about LSAT :)

Thanks again!