LSAT Office Hours with Sage NotMyName | Thursday, Jan 3, 9pm EST

studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
edited December 2018 in Webinars 1421 karma

Sage @NotMyName will be offering LSAT office hours on Thursday, January 3, 2019 9pm - 10pm EST! Bring your questions!

šŸ’» How to join the webinar

Please join my the webinar from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/945314133

You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (669) 224-3412

Access Code: 945-314-133

Joining from a video-conferencing room or system?
Dial: 67.217.95.2##945314133
Cisco devices: 945314133@67.217.95.2

First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check

Comments

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage ā­
    5320 karma

Thinking about some topics for this week's intro. If you have an interest in hearing my 2 cents on any one of the following topics for 5 minutes to kick off the Office Hourse, holler!

Meditation
    BR exercises and approach
    My approach to LG (spoiler: it's the same as JY's)
    Habits to forestall burnout + test day routine
    Cookie Cutter Review

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

I vote for meditation. It's something I used to do regularly when I lived in Boulder, Colo., and rarely can muster in NYC. I guess, like studying, it's a matter of discipline. You can't achieve the benefits if you don't sit your ass down and give it true intention.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

BR exercises and approach

• buckmartinbuckmartin Alum Member
    edited December 2018 91 karma

Can you talk a little about how you decided which law school to go to since you had a high enough score that you had lots of options? Did you go with the highest ranking school that you could? How did you decide between scholarships, preferred city, or other factors?

Also, do you have some outside activities other than the high LSAT score that helped your application really stand out?

5320 karma

I think LR BR is the most complex of these topics so that's what I'l use to open up the session. You can see the slide here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1a_VHrdZmjhxaumfqF_80dZOhM9oWBObz?ths=true

@"Rachael Lipton" I'm happy to share my meditation practice. It was pretty straight-forward, but as you say, consistency is key.

@buckmartin We can chat about this. I haven't chosen a school yet but my decision process will be guided by my career goals, preferred geography, cost of attendance, and school culture. 7Sage consulting shared my application with Selene (applications review services) and I can share some of what she felt stood out about my application and also what I think stands out beyond the score.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member ā­ ā° šŸŒ
    6045 karma

@NotMyName it says that you need access to view the slide.

5320 karma

Thanks @keets993. I updated that link and sharing it here too. This one should work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1msm8u4Qp73tDBUijlU0yQJLgTditGE8t/view?usp=sharing

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

Could you talk about Cookie Cutter Review if you have time for this session? What is your method of Cookie Cutter Review in your LR and RC? Thanks!

• ML_LSAT_KillaML_LSAT_Killa Alum Member
    267 karma

Me too! šŸ˜€> @Alice003 said:

Could you talk about Cookie Cutter Review if you have time for this session? What is your method of Cookie Cutter Review in your LR and RC? Thanks!

• jhbm_nycjhbm_nyc Alum Member
    568 karma

Same. I'd love to hear about your cookie cutter binder!

edited January 2019 5320 karma

@Alice003 @ML_LSAT_Killa @jhbm_nyc Yes we can speak about this.

If PT 37 is fresh for you, take a look at these questions and see if you can ID the repeating structure of each stimulus in abstract terms. For example "Jack could've cheated on the test therefore he did" could be described as "ability->did" or "A is possible therefore A happened or will happen". Each question contains a different "cookie-cutter".

Edit: Clarified the wording.

Edit Edit: IS not ISN'T

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

RC timing tips would also be great if time allows. Thanks!

• m1ibrahim72m1ibrahim72 Alum Member
    10 karma

cookie cutter review please!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member ā­ ā° šŸŒ
    6045 karma

Can't wait :smiley:

• Prudenter DiscerePrudenter Discere Alum Member
    234 karma

Cookie cutter please

5320 karma

slight technical difficulties on my end. be there shortly