Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Electronic Test After July Strategies?

zkmzkm Free Trial Member
edited December 2018 in General 6 karma

Hey Everybody,

This is my first post and I just completed my first PT. I was told recently that the official switch for the new LSAT format will be after July 2019. I am curious on thoughts about studying towards the September 2019 (or later) exam. Should I not be printing any PTs out and just using scratch paper to simulate test day conditions? I realize now my head will be swiveling up and down quite a bit, so maybe I should start putting in reps?

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Honestly, I don’t know how much anyone can really give good advice on this since it’s all new. LSAC has said they’re going to release a tool (I think in January?) to help students familiarize themselves with the digital format. But until that happens, most of us have never even seen the digital version. I don’t know if LSAC plans on releasing digital versions of future tests or how any of that works. We’re all pretty in the dark. I’d say you don’t need to worry about printing scantrons and allowing time for bubbling. As far as LG agora, I think it might be helpful to practice with the game on a laptop or something and you do all your notations on scratch paper in front of you, since that’s I think closest to test day conditions. But for LR and RC, I don’t really know what the best way to practice that is. It’s kind of the Wild West in prepping for digital LSAT right now.

• Katie_MaricopaKatie_Maricopa Core Member
    16 karma

Agree with the previous poster. The main thing: there seem to be a number of unknowns regarding what the online test will look like. In particular, what mark-up features (e.g. freeform stylus to annotate web text on RC & LR? Or just highlight sections? And whether pen and paper will be allowed for ALL sections or only logic games.) This will have a big impact on test taking strategy. Report backs from people who did the online test simulations vary. The Official LSAT prep resource on KHAN -- that interface only allows mark-up in RC ONLY, and there only highlighting (not double-underlining, circling, jotting notes).

LSAT will be releasing more information in early 2019, allegedly. So -- I would say until then, practice in paper and online and focus on developing understanding and mastery of key concepts and NOT things that will or could be affected by the print--> digital change. (So creating LG set-up strategies; becoming familiar with the LR question types and typical right and wrong answers; developing a general understanding of things to focus on in RC and common right and wrong answers). This will be useful regardless of the test format and digital functionality. And wait on things like developing specific strategies for marking up RC and LR text.