Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Technique

fLAWlessfLAWless Free Trial Member
in General 33 karma

Hi 7sagers,

After a solid month-long break from studying, I am ready to dive back into LSAT prep. However, before I begin I’d like to seek some advice. I originally was aiming toward taking the exam this month (January) but I am definitely not ready. My new goal is to improve enough for the June LSAT. I need to increase my score by about 13-18 points. What study habits do you recommend? Are there any study schedule templates you suggest? How should I go about studying week-to-week? (ex. should I start the week with a practice exam and then blind review it the rest of the week, or just do practice questions each day, or do 1 section a day, etc) What should I focus on?

I thank you in advance and appreciate whatever input you have to offer.

Thank you guys!
fLAWless

Studying for the LSAT
  1. When studying for the LSAT, what is the best thing to spend the most time on?6 votes
    1. Learning about question types and how to approach them
        0.00%
    2. Taking practice exams
      33.33%
    3. Doing practice questions
        0.00%
    4. Blind review
      33.33%
    5. They are ALL EQUALLY important
      33.33%
  2. Is 6 months enough time to increase your LSAT score by 13-18 points?6 votes
    1. Yes
      33.33%
    2. No
      16.67%
    3. Depends on how you are using your time
      50.00%
  3. If you are studying for the LSAT for 6 months, how many hours should you study per week?6 votes
    1. 10 hours or less
        0.00%
    2. 15 hours
        0.00%
    3. 20 hours
      16.67%
    4. 25 hours or more
      83.33%

Comments

• Rule No 8Rule No 8 Alum Member
    141 karma

I want to quantify the number of hours I inputted in the questionnaire. I believe 4-5hours 6 days a week is a fairly good study schedule. It works well for me anyway. Make sure you take one full day off a week to avoid burnout!
    I personally take a practice test on the same day of the week every week at the time of the LSAT I plan to take. I do a warmup before hand. Then I spend the next 2-3 days doing BR use the other 2-3 days to review the video of myself taking the exam, enter times into a time sheet and drill weak areas.