PTC2.S2.Q24 - Clarissa: The natural sciences would not have made

Small_victoriesSmall_victories Free Trial Member
edited December 2018 in Logical Reasoning 104 karma

Hello,

Please help me out with this LR question.

I can infer that Clarifssa definitely disagrees with D, but how can we know what Myungsook thinks doing natural science successfully requires? From the stimulus, I cannot infer that Myungsook has any opinion on whether natural science requires observations not stated in precisely quantitative terms.

Myungsook states that converting observations into numbers requires observations. She doesn't mention the requirements of doing natural science successfully.

Thank you!

Admin note: edited title
https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-c2-section-2-question-24/

Comments

• Logic GainzLogic Gainz Alum Member
    700 karma

Myungsook says converting observations into numbers is the hardest and last task and can only be done when you have thoroughly explored the observations themselves. That sentence implies that careful observations (to be synonymous with "thoroughly exploring the observations") occur before the observations are converted into numbers. In other words, these carefully considered observations are not stated precisely in numerical terms yet, since by the time you are considering them, according to Myungsook's timeline, they will not be converted into quantitative terms - which is to come later since the task is so difficult.

I feel like my response was poorly worded, but I'm going to let it ride in the hopes that it made some sense.