Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June LSAT Writing Sample Notice

Hello,

I just registered for the June LSAT and below is the notice that was at the top:

"Notice starting with June 2019 LSAT: The writing section will be separate from the LSAT starting with the June 3, 2019 test. This change will result in greater convenience and flexibility for test takers as the testing date will be shorter, the essay will be typed rather than handwritten, and it can be completed at a time and place of the test takers' choosing. By registering for the June LSAT, candidates will be automatically eligible to complete the writing section as of the date of the LSAT and up to one year thereafter. Candidates are only required to have one essay on file to complete their Law School Reports. Essays completed during previous LSAT administrations will still be valid for use in Law School Reports. There will be an additional fee of $15 for each administration of LSAT Writing."

This may have already been discussed, but I haven't seen anything about it. We don't focus much on the writing sample, but I've heard it's actually important to top law schools who are choosing between two high-scoring candidates. In regards to the notice, does this mean we have to register for another day? I'm only like 20% through the LSAT Course so I know very little about the writing sample but I'm curious how exactly this new form of the writing sample is different than before?

Thanks!

Comments

• NeverStopNeverStop Alum Member
    edited January 2019 96 karma

Just my luck! LSAC begins to get softer after I've finished taking the LSAT.
    Quick question though.

his change will result in greater convenience and flexibility for test takers as the testing date will be shorter, the essay will be typed rather than handwritten, and it can be completed at a time and place of the test takers' choosing.

Will the essay be administered on a timed platform (i.e., some computer program) even though it can be completed at one's convenience?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

It's sorta like LockDown browser, for those of you who have taken online courses. You get access to that screen only, and they record you and have you scan your environment.
    https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-writing-faqs