hm

lanvycillcalanvycillca Alum Member
edited January 2021 in Law School Admissions 10 karma

hm

Comments

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

Your hair color should not matter so long as your overall appearance is professional and not distracting from what you are saying during your interview. Good luck!

• dansykes94dansykes94 Core Member
    112 karma

I think it depends on the shade of pink, Northwestern actively seeks a mature student body and they MAY interpret hot pink as a unprofessional/immature hair colour. It's not worth risking it, just dye back to pink after your interview?

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I think you should keep it but maybe go get a blowout so you look as professional and capable as I'm sure that you are :)

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

I don't know how they would regard it, but if you're concerned, would you be comfortable tying a stylish scarf on? The color will still show, but with it pulled back, and not the focus of your appearance, I think it could show your individuality, but add a professional vibe. I personally might go subtle until I got in the door, and I had glorious plum hair with red & gold highlights last year. I miss it sigh

• lanvycillcalanvycillca Alum Member
    edited January 2019 10 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:
    Your hair color should not matter so long as your overall appearance is professional and not distracting from what you are saying during your interview. Good luck!

Thanks! This is what I thought how it should be, but law schools also strike me as caring a lot about formalities. I will definitely try looking professional!

10 karma

@dansykes94 said:
    I think it depends on the shade of pink, Northwestern actively seeks a mature student body and they MAY interpret hot pink as a unprofessional/immature hair colour. It's not worth risking it, just dye back to pink after your interview?

I thought Northwestern was very liberal comparing to other law schools, but I guess it could be mature and liberal at the same time. I am considering getting those temporary black dye and just shampoo it out afterwards.

10 karma

@Chardiggity said:
    I don't know how they would regard it, but if you're concerned, would you be comfortable tying a stylish scarf on? The color will still show, but with it pulled back, and not the focus of your appearance, I think it could show your individuality, but add a professional vibe. I personally might go subtle until I got in the door, and I had glorious plum hair with red & gold highlights last year. I miss it sigh

I haven't thought about this. I will probably tie my hair back as well. I am sure your hair looked glorious! I wonder how many students have unnatural colors in law schools.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I think there are some good ideas above. I’d just also mention - of course it’s a ways off - but you may be better off putting it back to a natural color soon, as the pink likely wouldn’t go over well for job interviews. But partially because of that, I’d say to enjoy it now while you can. 💁🏼‍♀️

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@"selene.steelman" said:

It shouldn't matter, you are right, but people have inherent biases. I would suggest to dye it back to her natural color or do the wash and dye for the interview.