Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage App is glitchy

dave.williamson88dave.williamson88 Alum Member
edited January 2019 in Technical Problems 35 karma

I had the app on Android but as of today I stopped using it due to constant glitching which actually threw me off and my performance while practicing. While using the proctor during timed practice, it constantly jumps to the end of a section immediately after beginning a new one, or it ends earlier than it should. There are other random glitches, like today it just started playing static noise in the middle of a section (which wouldn't stop until I closed the app) which was distracting. Please consider fixing because the app could be a great tool but right now it's too unreliable to use.

Comments

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

@"dave.williamson88" said:
    I had the app on Android but as off today I stopped using it due to constant glitching which actually threw me off and my performance while practicing. While using the proctor during timed practice, it constantly jumps to the end of a section immediately after beginning a new one, or it ends earlier than it should. There are other random glitches, like today it just started playing static noise in the middle of a section (which wouldnt stop until I closed the app) which was distracting. Please consider fixing because the app could be a great tool but right now it's too unreliable to use.

Hi @"dave.williamson88", So sorry to hear about this! Could you tell us your device, OS version, app version, and more details on how to reproduce (e.g. does it happen every time, or only sometimes? What settings are chosen in the proctor (e.g. voice, background, etc) when this happens?).

Anyone else having this problem?

• juanmapmjuanmapm Alum Member
    379 karma

@studentservice I haven't found the proctoring to be glitchy, but the Discussion and Logic Games tabs in the app seem to be stuck on the first page I opened since the last update. I have tried to close and reopen the app but nothing seems to work (although I have not tried to delete and re-download the app yet). I use the newest iOS.

• studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
    1421 karma

@juanmapm said:
    @studentservice I haven't found the proctoring to be glitchy, but the Discussion and Logic Games tabs in the app seem to be stuck on the first page I opened since the last update. I have tried to close and reopen the app but nothing seems to work (although I have not tried to delete and re-download the app yet). I use the newest iOS.

Sorry about that! Are you using Version 2.1.1 that was released about 6 days ago? Can you send us a screenshot if possible? You can use the chatbox on Contact Us page (click the blue "Contact Us" button) or send them to studentservice[at]7sage.com

• dave.williamson88dave.williamson88 Alum Member
    edited January 2019 35 karma

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android 8.0.

I'm not sure where to check the current version, but in the play store it says I last updated August 5th and there's no option to update. This issue has happened randomly since I downloaded the app in the early summer. Sometimes it works fine, but usually at least 1 section skips to the end at some point. I usually choose 4 sections, mariana, 35 min with 0 background or distractions.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

@juanmapm said:

The app now returns you to where you left off even after you close it and come back. I used to go Menu —> Discussion as a sort of easy but roundabout home button, and have just had to adjust. Just navigate up top by either pressing “Discussion” or else the back button. That’ll get you out of there.

• juanmapmjuanmapm Alum Member
    379 karma

@"Cant Get Right" that's how I have been accessing the discussion board too. Unfortunately there's no way to access the other logic games in the app (I've been stuck seeing Image, Solide, and Truvest's names from PT 68 Game 3), which is no big deal, but the accessibility of having all the games in a neatly organized space on the app was nice. Regardless, it's an amazing resource for 7Sagers and much appreciated.

1421 karma

Thank you so much! We are working on the being stranded on a page problem and trying to reproduce the glitching problem.

Again, thank you for bringing them to our attention!

• stevencamendolastevencamendola Alum Member
    150 karma

Are you referring to the rain? Sometimes while proctoring a test the sound of rain comes on and lasts throughout the rest of the exam. I was initially surprised by it since I confirmed I had 0 selected on the "Distractions" slider, so I assumed it was a kind of non-opt out distraction since of course it may rain on the day. Was I right in thinking so or is the rain not meant to play if Distractions are not selected?

• Is your guys a web app condensed within the mobile app? Because I don't see many differences between it and the website.

• meletzyoshermeletzyosher Free Trial Member
    66 karma

Static comes on in middle of proctoring if I get a phone call. It's the background noise slider for some reason being turned all the way up even though the slider is set to 0. So instead of restarting the app and losing the time, I would simply "wiggle" the slider and set it back to 0 and it went quiet. Lost like ten seconds.

• stevencamendolastevencamendola Alum Member
    150 karma

Well the app does say to put the phone in airplane mode before initiating the proctor.

1421 karma

We unfortunately could not reproduce the glitch, but we pushed a fix for the stranded problem on Android (tap the title at the top of the screen to return to that screen's home) Let us know if it works!