Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New to 7Sage and need advice, considering ditching other LSAT course. Preparing for March 2019 LSAT.

Allen U.Allen U. Free Trial Member
edited January 2019 in General 11 karma

help

I could really use some advice. I'm currently enrolled in the Blueprint LSAT classroom course originally meant for the upcoming January 2019 LSAT which I have since postponed to March 2019. I've been attending these classes religiously and have been studying full-time for the LSAT for the past 6 weeks. I've got two classes and two PTs with them left but my lack of improvement has got me desperately searching for answers on the best plan of attack from now until my new test date. My original diagnostic at the start of their course was 152 and my best PT is just a 3 point improvement of 155 which is far from my goal of 165+. With only two weeks left with them and only a little over two months until my test, I'm wondering if I should ditch them now and go for 7Sage or just commit to Blueprint's course, finish up and practice their methods until test date. I'm sure most of you are probably not familiar with their approach but I guess I'm more curious on whether two months of full-time studying with 7Sage would be enough to attain my goal of 165+, or whether that time would be better spent practicing what I've already learned from the other guys. I'm also curious if my time with Blueprint might help me get through 7Sage's curriculum faster or if I'd just be starting over from scratch. I just signed up for the trial course and from the get-go it's telling me that 3 months is not enough. Unfortunately, I intend on attending law school this Fall so the March 2019 test is my last shot, meaning I've only got a little over two months left to prepare. If 7Sage is still worth it in your opinion, which course should I aim for (I was thinking Starter or Premium since I have such little time left)? If there are any former Blueprint(ers?) who are now 7Sage converts, or past/current 7Sage students or even admins that could provide some insight, I'd very much appreciate it.

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma
    1. Whatever interface you are using, the font size is WAAAAAAYYYYYY too big.

2. Up front, the instruction material (Core Curriculum or CC as we call it) in 7Sage is the same across every tier level. Its a set package of instructional videos / lessons. However, you gain access to increasing levels of problem sets and PTs with each "step" up the package tier you go.

3. To be frank, 2 months is not ideal for making your way through the CC and recommended course of action (PTs, BR, review, drills, more PTs) after completion of the CC. Have some done it? Sure. But those folks are either outliers or they just rushed through the lessons without maximizing their potential.

4. I am not going to advise you about your life schedule and priorities. However, the LSAT (and your score on it) does not care one iota about when "you intend" to attend law school. The LSAT will reward those who are either naturally gifted at its particular requirements or those that dedicate the appropriate amount of time and effort to developing the specific skills its requires. For me, that took over a year. Some take less, some take more. YMMV.

Whatever you chose, good luck!

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited January 2019 9372 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker said:
    1. Whatever interface you are using, the font size is WAAAAAAYYYYYY too big.

Fixed!

@"Allen U.", putting # first in the post makes it

this big

This is because you can use Markdown in your post. Also, #help is for comments in the lessons, so you don't have to use it in Forum.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

The most common piece of advice you're going to get is that it probably isn't likely in 2 months. I know that right now, the 6 weeks you've spent taking blueprint course and PT-ing seems like a long time and not to diminish your hard work, but in the overall scheme it isn't that long. Lots of people have spent months, if not years, studying for LSAT and the jump in points isn't standard but varied.

The first thing I'd recommend is the next practice test you take, make sure to use 7sage's blind review method: https://7sage.com/lesson/the-blind-review-is-a-habit/. Basically, after you take your test, you don't score it right away. Instead you review each question you were not 100% confident on during timed conditions. You review it by writing out your reasoning for why each answer choice is correct and why the four answer choices are wrong. Once you've done this thoroughly, input your actual and BR answer choices on the analytics page and you'll be given your actual (timed) score and your blind review score. Your blind review score is your theoretical maximum and will help you figure out whether your fundamentals are solid or not. Basically, your blind review score should be at least a few points above your target score. Once you have your blind review score and provide us with section breakdowns people might be able to tailor advice for your needs.

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

Confirming what others have said: I wouldn't count on being able to make that jump in that amount of time, if you haven't seen significant improvement yet. Honestly, I have yet to come across anyone who can go to law school this cycle and really really CANNOT wait until next cycle. I know you don't want to postpone, but considering your diligence thus far, you could very well get the score jump you want by next cycle, and go to a school you are really excited about. Good luck in whatever path you choose!

• Harvey_lHarvey_l Alum Member
    edited January 2019 268 karma

Have you tried BRing the proper way after taking a PT? My friend just started doing 2-3 PT's per week and BRing and he went from 156-172 on the actual in a manner of 3 months. (that's after his first 3 months of learning from 7sage's CC/ he says any cc is fine as long as you were taught conditional statements, id flaws, translations, diagramming, foundations, etc.)

Although you have 2 months, it may be possible.
    Especially with a tutor.

But like the others have said, you should postpone and get as high of an LSAT as possible bc you'll get scholarship and other stuff!! :D

• Allen U.Allen U. Free Trial Member
    11 karma

Apologies for the BIG TEXT. I had originally written this in the comments section on the course's study schedule section before I found this forum and just copy/pasted it over with that hashtag.

Thank you all for the great input and I do realize that two months isn't a lot of time. I will definitely consider holding off for the next cycle but plan to take the March test regardless, so even if reaching my target score is unlikely, what would be the best approach for these next two months for the greatest gains?

For the most part, I've got the basics down from the CC with my other course and I'm intrigued with the suggestion for BRing using 7Sage's method. Do I need to enroll in a specific 7Sage course to do this effectively?

Also, do any of you have suggestions on where I could find a good tutor? Blueprint actually has its own tutoring service but I'd like to see what better options are out there. And what exactly does a tutoring session typically entail?

Thanks again!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@"Allen U." if you're okay with delaying for next cycle I really wouldn't recommend taking the March test if you're not reaching your target score. A lot of people underperform on test day due to nerves even when they are consistently above their target score. You shouldn't take it until the average of your most recent 5 or 10 tests place you in that score.

I'm not 100% sure if the blind review lesson is something that's available for free or you need to purchase a pack for it to be available.

As for tutoring, here are the approved 7sage tutors and their rates: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/4760/7sages-approved-tutors/p1. I really think the first thing you should do is blind review your next test properly. If your BR score is in the 170s, then the advice you'd get would be more for working on timing strategies. Whereas if your BR is also in 150s or low 160s then it may be more prudent for you to go through the curriculum and brush up on your fundamentals. Tutors will help guide you through the process, you'd have to email or dm them separately to find out exactly what each tutor can help you with. Also, what is your section breakdown for the 155s? How many did you miss per section?

On average, it takes people 3 months to get through 7sage's core curriculum alone, and with fool proofing and PT-ing being their own separate cycles, the time really racks up [not that it's a bad thing]. That's why it's easier, and less frustrating, if you let the process guide you instead of forcing your own timetable on the process.