Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not a lot of improvement on LR section after BR

ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
in General 177 karma

This was my first BR using 7Sage's method on the June 2007 test. I haven't BR the other sections yet but my BR score on LR wasn't that much of an improvement compared to my timed score. On my first section timed my score was 18/25 and after BR it was 20/25 and my second session my scores stayed the same with 20/25 on both the timed and the BR section.

Should I be worried that my score increase hasn't improved that much after BR? I'm worried since the BR is supposed to show how much your score could improve.

I still have yet to get through the CC as I'm just on the first diagnostic PT but I have already taken the LSAT before and received a 155. I'm just worried that I didn't see improvement after this BR. I also followed the method closely and for each question that I circled (which was almost all of them) I wrote out an explanation for the stem/stimulus and then using a blank PT wrote why each AC was wrong or right.

Comments

• BumblebeeBumblebee Member
    640 karma

No need to worry at all!
    It actually doesn't seem odd that your BR and actual scores are similar, since you have not yet watched/read explanations for the questions you struggled with.
    As much as the BR process is about letting yourself accurately apply the logic you learned with unlimited time, it is also the time to re-adjust your thinking by watching J.Y.'s explanations or reading expert explanations on various LSAT forums.
    The BR process is a continual cycle of throwing away illogical thinking and replacing that with good thinking. That process usually requires outside feedback. Of course, it is always recommended to try your best solving questions on your own first, before consulting outside help. After doing many, many BR's you will see improvement in your BR accuracy.
    First, you should thoroughly go through the CC, before taking full-timed PT's.

• ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
    177 karma

@Bumblebee said:
    No need to worry at all!
    It actually doesn't seem odd that your BR and actual scores are similar, since you have not yet watched/read explanations for the questions you struggled with.
    As much as the BR process is about letting yourself accurately apply the logic you learned with unlimited time, it is also the time to re-adjust your thinking by watching J.Y.'s explanations or reading expert explanations on various LSAT forums.
    The BR process is a continual cycle of throwing away illogical thinking and replacing that with good thinking. That process usually requires outside feedback. Of course, it is always recommended to try your best solving questions on your own first, before consulting outside help. After doing many, many BR's you will see improvement in your BR accuracy.
    First, you should thoroughly go through the CC, before taking full-timed PT's.

Thank you!! This makes me feel a lot better. I’ll trust the process and keep going!