Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you video yourself?

LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
in General 2134 karma

Does anyone have any insight on how you video yourself? And once done, how do we upload it to our computer or youtube?

I'm trying to figure out how to do this and not being very successful. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I attach my phone to the gooseneck phone holder below and it has worked well for me. Just clip it to your table and it should be fine. I usually upload the video directly to YouTube from my phone because the files are usually too large to email.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JK70KUY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Gotcha. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy anything but maybe I can find something similar at home.

• SLP_futureJDSLP_futureJD Alum Member
    464 karma

Hi! My process is not fancy but gets the job done. I elevate my phone on a book and then lean it against something (ex: a kleenex box) that is on top of the book.I have used tape to help angle the phone down a bit, but I have been able to figure out timing, etc. with it just elevated and propped. The videos I usually bluetooth from my phone to my computer. I have only had success uploading 1 to Google Drive b/c the files were too big. I tried zipping them and everything, so I'm not sure what the secret to the upload process is.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@LCMama2017 What sort of recording device do you have available?

2134 karma

@"paulmv.benthem" said:
    @LCMama2017 What sort of recording device do you have available?

I have a laptop and an iphone. I was thinking of doing something like what @SLP_futureJD described but I was trying to avoid all that, lol.

2134 karma

@SLP_futureJD said:
    Hi! My process is not fancy but gets the job done. I elevate my phone on a book and then lean it against something (ex: a kleenex box) that is on top of the book.I have used tape to help angle the phone down a bit, but I have been able to figure out timing, etc. with it just elevated and propped. The videos I usually bluetooth from my phone to my computer. I have only had success uploading 1 to Google Drive b/c the files were too big. I tried zipping them and everything, so I'm not sure what the secret to the upload process is.

Thanks. I was thinking of something similar but was trying to avoid all of the elevation with books, etc. This may be a solution though!

• unclesysyunclesysy Alum Member
    edited January 2019 106 karma

An iPhone ever so precariously perched on an adjustable desk lamp. Used iMovie and iCloud (I think--this process so was annoying and slow, I've repressed my memories of it) to transfer my files to my computer.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I use a gooseneck thing I bought off amazon for like $20 and use my iPhone. It’s simple and gets the job done. In the past, when I didn’t have my gooseneck thing handy, I’ve stacked books up and put my phone at the top and had the camera peering off the end.

Then I upload it to iCloud/Dropbox and it’s automatically on my computer to view. Although a full test worth of footage does take a while to upload lol.

• turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma

if your laptop has a camera: I put my laptop in front of me and the test in front of the laptop, then angle the webcam to where all you can see is the test booklet. It may not clearly show the questions, but you have the questions in front of you so you can easily look back if you can't make them out.

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

@LCMama2017 If you're using an iPhone, then what @Alex and @SLP_futureJD I think would work well. If you'd don't have a gooseneck, then I've done the same set-up as @Alex , using books, and it seems to do the trick.

• I just started the CC, so we should video ourselves doing the PTs timed? or every time we drill?