Entering scores to Analytics - do you enter a test you took in parts?

kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
in General 231 karma

So I used a test over the past week as practice sections / experimental sections for full PTs. Do I enter those technically completed tests into my 7Sage analytics? Or will that skew it all up? For example, I used PT 16 mostly as experimental sections for two PTs I did within a week, and then as timed sections otherwise for practice (also within the same week). Thanks!

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

If you broke it up by section, and didn't take the full test altogether, you will definitely be introducing a confounding data point if you choose to enter it. However, the purpose, as far as I can tell, of the analytics tool is to show you where you are weak in terms of specific questions. The macro data regarding score increases over time is nice to see, but it won't help your score improve. If you took those sections under strict timed conditions, then I see no significant reason why you shouldn't enter them into the analytics tool. It will help you spot trends in question misses whether it be by section or by type that you might miss if you do it by hand. If you are concerned that you will inflate your score by entering this in as a legitimate test, you can always delete the test after you have entered it!

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    231 karma

Good point, @Ohnoeshalpme

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@kpj744___ @Ohnoeshalpme
    Instead of deleting the test, I would recommend you enter it and just exclude it from the tests showing in the analytics data. On the Trends tab it is right at the top (Currently showing x out of x completed PrepTests) and if you click there you can exclude any tests you don't want to be factored into your score trend or question type analysis. You can take advantage of certain analytics resources (like the question type analysis previously mentioned) and deselect the test for a more reliable score average indication.

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

@drbrown2 said:
    @kpj744___ @Ohnoeshalpme
    Instead of deleting the test, I would recommend you enter it and just exclude it from the tests showing in the analytics data. On the Trends tab it is right at the top (Currently showing x out of x completed PrepTests) and if you click there you can exclude any tests you don't want to be factored into your score trend or question type analysis. You can take advantage of certain analytics resources (like the question type analysis previously mentioned) and deselect the test for a more reliable score average indication.

I did this! In my mind, it's the best way to do it. That way, it doesn't affect your overall PT data, but when you do want to go back and highlight certain kinds of questions that you got wrong, etc, everything you've ever done is all there.

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    edited January 2019 231 karma

So helpful @drbrown2 and @hawaiihi