Deleting/Editing Your Posts on the Forum

studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
edited May 2018 in Forum Rules 1421 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

We noticed that some of you delete your comments by editing out the comments you made in the past. This makes the threads disjointed.

We understand that you may be concerned about your privacy, but many users respond to your questions not only for you but also for the community. The threads are our community asset.

Our Forum is public, so if you want to ask questions containing information that you would like to delete later, please do not include such information in the first place. If you are concerned about privacy, we recommend that you chose an anonymous name and either avoid mentioning personal details such as your stats, or obfuscating them. For instance saying I have a "3.9-4.0" GPA instead of "3.94", or "I worked for BigTechCo" instead of "I worked for Google". Or alternatively, use the Direct Message function.

Thank you!

Comments

• FryBreadfruitFryBreadfruit Live Member
    120 karma

Yes I agree

• 1_2_aletsgoblue1_2_aletsgoblue Alum Member
    edited January 2019 47 karma

I've tried to edit my name and can't seem to figure out how. Any tips?

Edit: Never mind that was stupidly easy.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

@1_2_aletsgoblue said:
    I've tried to edit my name and can't seem to figure out how. Any tips?

Edit: Never mind that was stupidly easy.

top right of 7sage, u should see your username. Hover over it and click settings. Then once you're on your settings on the left, you can change your username