Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✏️ Official January 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ✏️

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@yurple591 said:
    was the one with a coal burning plant experimental? that whole section was weird for me. not sure why..

same... I had 3 LRs and that one def felt "off" in some ways. Couldn't put my finger on it exactly.

• HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

I felt like the LG was tame this time. No crazy miscellaneous game.

• ML_LSAT_KillaML_LSAT_Killa Alum Member
    edited January 2019 267 karma

@RunawayJury said:

@ExcludedMiddle said:
    Yes, one LR had 26 questions. The other had 25.

I'm so disappointed that the bank game was real.

Same, the other was like all the game sections I have ever done. Games is my strongest section but all these games felt so weird, especially compared to the other set. I felt like they were all somewhat complicated, compared to the first one where the first is usually a freebie and so on. Super upsetting

Same here, I thought I did okay on the other set of games, but the set with the bank game, I had no idea what I was doing.

• ed.lavadoed.lavado Member
    56 karma

Ok because my brain is fried and I cant remember games subjects much, I am assuming that the hard game section was the real one. To me one was definitely harder than the other. Easy one , first 2 were straight forward and last 2 were a little difficult. Hard one only one seemed easy

• dokitchingsdokitchings Alum Member
    3 karma

I had three Logical Reasoning sections. For some reason the first one was SOOO hard for me. Does any know if that was an experimental? The other two were not that bad. I was thinking about cancelling my test because of the very first section I had.

• 1_2_aletsgoblue1_2_aletsgoblue Alum Member
    47 karma

@670039098 said:
    Does anyone know whether the LG section with the last one containing word like “originate” is real? I can’t remember the exact context and setting, only that one condition is “L can lead to at least two xx”?

That was the apartment game. That one was real

• sshen2988sshen2988 Member
    39 karma

I had LR RC LR LR LG, I found the second LR to be the hardest but can't remember if it had 25 or 26 questions. If anyone remember the first questions on the real LRs that would be very helpful!

• Jdawes42Jdawes42 Alum Member
    edited January 2019 17 karma

Knowing the number of questions? What would the curve be ??

• arina185arina185 Member
    44 karma

Thats what i had too! The second one had 26qs and was the hardest one for me too, and it was real unfortunately. > @sshen2988 said:

I had LR RC LR LR LG, I found the second LR to be the hardest but can't remember if it had 25 or 26 questions. If anyone remember the first questions on the real LRs that would be very helpful!

• chillout34chillout34 Member
    edited January 2019 167 karma

I messed up on the reading comprhension because the proctor started the test so fast after the directions and then I started on question 7 because my seal got stuck to the page. She was easily 400 pounds.

edited January 2019 39 karma

Does anyone remember the first question on the first real LR section? I think my first LR was probably real (I had LR RC LR LR LG) but just want to know what the first question was to confirm!!! thanks!!

--> Now I remember that it was a question about diamonds.. is that section real?

• AOganesyan1AOganesyan1 Free Trial Member
    19 karma

Was the LG section with the first game about computer installation experimental or real?

• faddy878faddy878 Alum Member
    47 karma

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:

@RunawayJury said:

@ExcludedMiddle said:

Same, the other was like all the game sections I have ever done. Games is my strongest section but all these games felt so weird, especially compared to the other set. I felt like they were all somewhat complicated, compared to the first one where the first is usually a freebie and so on. Super upsetting

Same here, I thought I did okay on the other set of games, but the set with the bank game, I had no idea what I was doing.

Games is also my strongest and I was hoping the bank one wasn't real bc in that section I literally got to maybe #13 before I ran out of time. All the games seemed more difficult compared to the usual exams...uuuggh so stressed right now.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I had LR RC LR LR LG

I didn't have a feeling as to which of those LRs could've been experimental. They all felt pretty normal to me. Does anyone know which one was the experimental out of the order of those 3 LR?

39 karma

@AOganesyan1 If that one had a conditional rule about ML it was real

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    737 karma

@sshen2988 said:
    Does anyone remember the first question on the first real LR section? I think my first LR was probably real (I had LR RC LR LR LG) but just want to know what the first question was to confirm!!! thanks!!

--> Now I remember that it was a question about diamonds.. is that section real?

Diamonds is real.

39 karma

@ExcludedMiddle Wow thanks so much

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

We’re done!

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

The LG with the measurements and gold lilac etc was real.

• jwilkersjwilkers Alum Member
    89 karma

There was a question in LR related to an animal that grew in size after a noisy industry machine left? Anyone else remember?

• RunawayJuryRunawayJury Alum Member
    143 karma

@faddy878 said:

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:

@RunawayJury said:

@ExcludedMiddle said:

Games is also my strongest and I was hoping the bank one wasn't real bc in that section I literally got to maybe #13 before I ran out of time. All the games seemed more difficult compared to the usual exams...uuuggh so stressed right now.

It literally makes no sense!!! The game set that was apparently experimental was the one that resembled how most games set look. I’ve done all the games from test 50-86 so I was so used to that structure. In the bank set, i felt it was difficult from the beginning

• monicamcm2monicamcm2 Core Member
    5 karma

Does anyone remember the topics in the experimental RC section?

@jwilkers said:
    There was a question in LR related to an animal that grew in size after a noisy industry machine left? Anyone else remember?

I think that one was in my third LR and real. Can anyone confirm?

edited January 2019 89 karma

@sshen2988 I know that was real, I only had two LR. I think it was designed to be one of the harder questions in the section, but I almost missed it and fell for the trap.

• shamershamer Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Was the game set with the scheduling of dancers real or experimental? That’s the only question I remember of the more difficult section for me and I’m hoping it’s experimental!

• changschangs Alum Member
    edited January 2019 13 karma

does anyone know if the LG with the XYZ was the experimental one??

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

measurement with gold lilac etc was one the games. The other one was about aparments with luxury, modern, and traditional, the other one was a sequencing game with L,J,K,M,H,G,F. The other one was also a sequencing type I believe with one of the rules being Q-R-S. My brain is kind of fried but from what I remember those were the questions on the real LG. The experimental one had a game that was a MISC game with scientists and research that could be displayed in a star.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

@changs said:
    does anyone know if the LG with the XYZ and 1pm, 2pm, 3pm was the experimental one??

This was real.

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

@jwilkers said:

Yup I remember that question VERY well. It was about the notion of porpoise population decrease, and human activity/noise in a harbor or channel or something.

89 karma

@"nessa.k13.0" I don't wanna state more than what's allowed, but my approach to understanding was considering what did the population start at to begin with???

@"nessa.k13.0" said:

@jwilkers said:

Yup I remember that question VERY well. It was about the notion of porpoise population decrease, and human activity/noise in a harbor or channel or something.

From what I remember the q asked you to explain a paradox - the population was supposed to decrease (?) and the paradox was it actually increased. Something along those lines

89 karma

@sshen2988 Yes, I think there was a similar question a few pt's ago. Basically I thought in general with ? like these it's possible that population to begin was super small. idk

13 karma

@Kermit750 oh ok thank you! do you remember the topic of that XYZ game? Like what it was about? Because it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere in the lists of the real LG games

39 karma

@jwilkers said:
    @sshen2988 Yes, I think there was a similar question a few pt's ago. Basically I thought in general with ? like these it's possible that population to begin was super small. idk

Hmm I don't think that was my approach for this one tho.. I might be wrong.

@jwilkers since you only had 2 LRs do you remember if one of the first questions you had was about diamonds? Ik someone else had confirmed that section was real but I didn't ask whether he/she only had 2 LRs lol. Thanks

• RunawayJuryRunawayJury Alum Member
    143 karma

@changs said:
    @Kermit750 oh ok thank you! do you remember the topic of that XYZ game? Like what it was about? Because it doesn't seem to be listed anywhere in the lists of the real LG games

By any chance was this the game that Z had to before X and there was a V and Y?

89 karma

@sshen2988 Yes, I believe so.

• AChris1210AChris1210 Alum Member
    107 karma

Is it normal to feel like you have a migraine afterwards? 😂

edited January 2019 13 karma

@RunawayJury nope. It was not a sequencing game (my memory is fading as we speak though so who knows 😂)

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    333 karma

I had LR (26Q) RC LR (26Q) LR(25Q) LG

I thought the 25Q LR section was the easiest, and the 2nd LR with 26Q was the hardest.

I'm not sure if anyone else felt this way, but the first LR section with 26Q really felt like a lot of the questions were in past LSAC Preptests.. I've done PTs 42-74 and it almost felt like they had stuck a whole LR section from a past PT somewhere in that range in. It was actually pretty distracting, to be honest.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

@sakox010 said:

I thought the 25Q LR section was the easiest, and the 2nd LR with 26Q was the hardest.

I'm not sure if anyone else felt this way, but the first LR section with 26Q really felt like a lot of the questions were in past LSAC Preptests.. I've done PTs 42-74 and it almost felt like they had stuck a whole LR section from a past PT somewhere in that range in. It was actually pretty distracting, to be honest.

That's interesting. I also had 3 LRs, and in one of the sections I swore there were repeat questions--they sounded very similar to questions I had done before (both in content, and the logic required to answer them).

4141 karma

@yurple591 said:
    was the one with a coal burning plant experimental? that whole section was weird for me. not sure why..

I had 3 LRs and yeah I’m like 89% sure (if this question is in the section I’m thinking it is in) that there were a couple question/stimuli that I’ve seen before—not necessarily same QT but at least 2 arguments seemed way too familiar and it was weird. Which makes me wonder (tangent 🚨) since LSAT is going digital and increasing the number of test released each year, and the often higher number of undisclosed winter test takers (compared to say June), are LSAC psychometricians using an experimental section (on this undisclosed test) to in part measure average response to to previously published arguments? I’m very certain I’ve seen a few repeated arguments in1 section before.

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    edited January 2019 333 karma

@Louislepauvre said:

@sakox010 said:

That's interesting. I also had 3 LRs, and in one of the sections I swore there were repeat questions--they sounded very similar to questions I had done before (both in content, and the logic required to answer them).

Glad I'm not the only one that felt this way. And yeah, I felt it in both the content and the logic. There was a question, it was somewhere around the range of Q19-21 in that section that had a pretty distinct topic that I swear I've done before. My brain's pretty fried and I don't remember exactly, but I believe it dealt with some sort of scientific topic.

Unfortunately, I feel like I kind of got slowed down due to distracting thoughts of whether these were actually repeat questions, and then trying to remember the logic of the question when I blind reviewed it (if it truly was a repeat question)..

It sounds like this section might have been the experimental one, although I'm not completely sure.

• jcarte38jcarte38 Member
    12 karma

RC LR LG LG LR
    Any way of knowing which game was experimental?

• huangtiffany15huangtiffany15 Alum Member
    33 karma

The first LG is exp

4141 karma

@jwilkers said:
    @"nessa.k13.0" I don't wanna state more than what's allowed, but my approach to understanding was considering what did the population start at to begin with???

Yeah for sure, I’m steering clear of q types and “I think the answer is” kind of statements. My approach was focused more on why did the population stay (meaning not go away or decrease) provided a condition that I thought they weren’t supposed to like is it present. Idk if that’s too specific but there’s no QT. If you could give any more clues within the rules I’d know.

• lsatstudy18lsatstudy18 Alum Member
    156 karma

@sakox010 said:

Yes!!! I thought I was the only one. I believe there were questions from old pts.

• chillout34chillout34 Member
    edited January 2019 167 karma

Anyone think the LR's were easy?

• TeaLoverTeaLover Alum Member
    151 karma

Anyone feel this LG was so hard? I have been consistently getting -0 or -1 on LG for the past 20 PTs but I think for the LG today I might get -3 or even worse. With that being said, I do think the LRs were a bit easier than those in pt 85 and 86.

• HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

I felt like the 25 question LR wasn’t too bad. The one with the burglaries question. The 26 question one was harder. And dear god I’m so happy the other 25 question LR was experimental because I was not happy with that one lol.

I also felt like LG was easy. Am I crazy? They were all of no more than medium difficulty. And we didn’t get a wild miscellaneous game either. No easy games, but also no hard ones either.

Argh. 3 weeks. It’s going to drag.

• GuillaumeGuillaume Alum Member
    652 karma

Just to confirm, the comparative RC passage with privatization was experimental right? That one f$&*ed me up and I ended up guessing on half of the questions. This is the same section as the fungi and cacao trees.