Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got sick right before the test.. what should I do?

PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
in General 446 karma

I started to feel sick on Wednesday and took that day off but last night I didn’t sleep well and I’m feeling really fatigue when drilling LG now..I took might&day quil. My plan was to review one more RC passage and redo a LR section that I thought was hard.. but I’m not sure if that’s a good move now. I’m also afraid to just go to sleep now and end up not being able to fall asleep tonight ... I really want to take the test and I hit my target score range last week T_T
Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I think it's better to take the day easy so you're as fresh as possible for tomorrow. Bring Advil.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Step away from the LSAT studying! Seriously, don't do it. Even when you're not sick, it's better to take the day before the test off. You won't forget anything in 1 day. You need to rest ASAP. Spend all day in bed if you can. Sleep or just rest as much as you can. Drink lots of water, some herbal tea, I would skip the Dayquil today (it has caffeine, and you need rest) and take Nyquil tonight, but only if it doesn't make you groggy in the mornings. Those meds make you feel a little better, but don't actually cure anything. So, I'd avoid the caffeine today so you can rest easier. If you have Emergen-C, take a ton of that! And maybe some zinc like Zicam. Those actually help you get past the cold rather than mask the symptoms.

Have some LSAT materials ready for tomorrow just to glance over. Don't do any stressful studying. I'd advise for tomorrow: before the test, take a brisk walk and then just slowly read over a few LR questions, maybe do an easy LG untimed. Glance over a RC passage. You just need to do enough to get the blood flowing and feel awake. Definitely do take Dayquil tomorrow though. It'll help suppress your symptoms and give you a caffeine boost.

If I were you, I'd take the test and maybe consider canceling your score if you are sure that you didn't do well - like ran out of time way earlier than usual in multiple sections. If you are unsure if you did well, then just accept the score. You can always write an addendum saying you were sick on test day to explain your score, if needed.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    edited January 2019 446 karma

@"Leah M B" @Emily2122
    Thank you for your advice! I’m gonna pick up some Zicam, Advil and emergen C now and take it easy the rest of the day. I haven’t been able to fall asleep but not going to take Night quil tonight cuz that makes me super groggy in the morning. I’m thinking about going to the gym to do some light exercise so that I can fall asleep tonight. Hope tomorrow I can feel better!
    XOXO

8392 karma

Checking in! Did you shake off the cold at all? How'd you feel about the test? Hope it went well!

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

@"Leah M B"
    Dear you don’t know how much your advice has helped me! I sat through the test and did my best. Bringing DayQuil and zicam definitely helped me get through it. It was a hard test but I think I did ok, especially under my condition. Thank you again!!!

• BamboosproutBamboosprout Alum Member
    1694 karma

@KarateMaster said:
    @"Leah M B"
    Dear you don’t know how much your advice has helped me! I sat through the test and did my best. Bringing DayQuil and zicam definitely helped me get through it. It was a hard test but I think I did ok, especially under my condition. Thank you again!!!

makes me smile

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    edited January 2019 336 karma

Oh yay! And thank you @"Leah M B" for checking on @KarateMaster . I had been thinking about this a lot, but hadn't remembered to ask!

8392 karma

@KarateMaster said:
    @"Leah M B"

Awesome, I'm so glad it helped! I can't imagine taking the test sick, you are a rock star. Congrats!