Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✏️ Official January 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ✏️

Comments

• josh.vontrappjosh.vontrapp Free Trial Member
    5 karma

@1_2_aletsgoblue said:

I had this one too! And, yes, I found the second LR to be tougher than the first. The grants were mad hard but honestly before I got on this forum, I thought that section was real and it was just a miscellaneous game, much like the real estate game on PT 80 (I think).

Thank you for chiming in--I'd been very, very worried when I kept hearing that people were saying the first LR was harder than the second.

Were you LR-RC-LG-LR-LG?

I had RC - LR - LG - LR - LG for my test layout. Ya I thought the first LR was very easy. The second, definitely felt more difficult. I'm really glad to hear that the 6 grants LG question was apparently in the experimental section. Luckily I flew through the first three games in that section pretty quickly so I had lots of time to work through it, but I'm sure I still missed some because it was so weird.

• Chan8677Chan8677 Free Trial Member
    11 karma

@Kermit750 said:

@changs said:
    does anyone know if the LG with the XYZ and 1pm, 2pm, 3pm was the experimental one??

This was real.

I had RC, LR, LG, LG, LR.

My section 3 LG had the East West banks with the i, m, something as the 3rd game.
    My section 4 LG had the XYZ, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm game as my last game.

Can anyone clarify which of these was experimental? I've seen mixed messages!

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

@alexander.blake17 the first RC was real

• Gaillen J. LeamnGaillen J. Leamn Alum Member
    7 karma

I had LR RC LR LR LG
    I can not remember some specific questions on each of three LRs, could any one with 3 LRs share some questions in the experimental section to remind me of something that assist me to tell which one is exp please?

• neha.patelneha.patel Alum Member
    22 karma

@"Roi H Lea" said:
    I had LR RC LR LR LG
    I can not remember some specific questions on each of three LRs, could any one with 3 LRs share some questions in the experimental section to remind me of something that assist me to tell which one is exp please?

I had three LR. In my last one which I think was real had the question about the medical residents at the beginning.
    In my second one, the first question was about the girl being the best runner and winning the race. (I don't know if that's the experimental or not)

• vmorrone86vmorrone86 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

@vmorrone86 said:

@jwilkers said:
    LR was not too bad, but I was thrown off by an early question, I remember exactly it was #2 because I could not believe I was struggling with QUESTION 2!!!! It was related to medical residents, anyone else have thoughts on this one?

I had the same problem, and it really threw me. Was the your first LR section? It was for me I think.

Yeah, it was my first section. Overall gave me bad footing for the rest of the test. Hoping it was experimental as my other two LR sections were much easier

• QuannieBQuannieB Alum Member
    29 karma

@stephaniegill8 said:
    Does anyone remember how many questions there were for the apartment game?

• jwilkersjwilkers Alum Member
    89 karma

@vmorrone86 said:

@vmorrone86 said:

@jwilkers said:
    LR was not too bad, but I was thrown off by an early question, I remember exactly it was #2 because I could not believe I was struggling with QUESTION 2!!!! It was related to medical residents, anyone else have thoughts on this one?

I had the same problem, and it really threw me. Was the your first LR section? It was for me I think.

Yeah, it was my first section. Overall gave me bad footing for the rest of the test. Hoping it was experimental as my other two LR sections were much easier

No, this was real, I only had two LR. Still can't wait to find the answer to this one, weird for question #2.

• bendrummond33bendrummond33 Alum Member
    96 karma

@kpj744___ said:

@bendrummond33 said:
    If we had the same order (LR-RC-LR-LR-LG) APPARENTLY the first LR (26) and the last LR (25) are the real ones, with the second LR being experimental.

oooooooh, I hope so -- how do you know?

I've been actively following the January test thread on reddit and that seems to be the consensus

• 1_2_aletsgoblue1_2_aletsgoblue Alum Member
    47 karma

@jwilkers said:

@vmorrone86 said:

@vmorrone86 said:

@jwilkers said:

No, this was real, I only had two LR. Still can't wait to find the answer to this one, weird for question #2.

I also had trouble with the early LR questions when I started my second LR section (the harder of the two I had). I had less trouble with #2 and more with #1. That section was harder overall--more necessary assumption, more sufficient assumption, principle, and pseudo-sufficient than the other--so it made sense in the grand scheme.

7 karma

I remember I did

7 karma

@"neha.patel" said:

@"Roi H Lea" said:
    I had LR RC LR LR LG

I had three LR. In my last one which I think was real had the question about the medical residents at the beginning.
    In my second one, the first question was about the girl being the best runner and winning the race. (I don't know if that's the experimental or not)

@"neha.patel" said:

@"Roi H Lea" said:
    I had LR RC LR LR LG

not remember the girl best runner questions so probably it is experimental Section

• jeffrey.wt.wujeffrey.wt.wu Alum Member
    20 karma

I apologize in advance if this is not the right place to discuss this or if anyone else had already discussed this:

Has anyone else took the Asian Test? It seems that this test is the same test as the Sept 2017 for European test takers.

Can anyone confirm that the LG section with passing the techinique of making steel/metal experimental. I kind of messed that section up.

• kpj744___kpj744___ Alum Member
    231 karma

@Chan8677 your LG section with the East/West banks was real (I only had one LG section). So your 3rd LG counted. The LG you had with the XYZ was experimental.

• 246 karma

@RunawayJury said:

@faddy878 said:

@ML_LSAT_Killa said:

@RunawayJury said:

@ExcludedMiddle said:
    Yes, one LR had 26 questions. The other had 25.

I'm so disappointed that the bank game was real.

Same, the other was like all the game sections I have ever done. Games is my strongest section but all these games felt so weird, especially compared to the other set. I felt like they were all somewhat complicated, compared to the first one where the first is usually a freebie and so on. Super upsetting

Same here, I thought I did okay on the other set of games, but the set with the bank game, I had no idea what I was doing.

Games is also my strongest and I was hoping the bank one wasn't real bc in that section I literally got to maybe #13 before I ran out of time. All the games seemed more difficult compared to the usual exams...uuuggh so stressed right now.

It literally makes no sense!!! The game set that was apparently experimental was the one that resembled how most games set look. I’ve done all the games from test 50-86 so I was so used to that structure. In the bank set, i felt it was difficult from the beginning

@1_2_aletsgoblue said:

@jwilkers said:

@vmorrone86 said:

@vmorrone86 said:

@jwilkers said:

I also had trouble with the early LR questions when I started my second LR section (the harder of the two I had). I had less trouble with #2 and more with #1. That section was harder overall--more necessary assumption, more sufficient assumption, principle, and pseudo-sufficient than the other--so it made sense in the grand scheme.

Order of my test was LR RC LR LR LG. I thought my first LR section was one of the hardest LRs I have ever done. Maybe I'm exaggerating and it was just because I was nervous or something, but i distinctly remember 3 questions in the first 10 that gave me serious trouble. I was PTing around 170 and typically go about -5 on both LRs combined and I wouldn't be surprised at all if I went -5 on this first section alone. I was hoping it was experimental, but unfortunately its not.

• JDisJD.21JDisJD.21 Member
    41 karma

I am confused as to which LR section was my experimental? I had LR-RC-LR-LR-LG.

I had a total of 25 questions for each LR section, 27 for RC, and 23 for LG.

• 246 karma

@"Nadra.Creighton" said:

Are you sure you didn’t have 26 on one? The LR section I had first had early questions about Marie Antoinette and Doctors. This one was real from what I have read on other forums.

edited January 2019 41 karma

@"Better every day"

I am certain that I did not have a LR section with 26 questions. I found a post online (7sage) of a guy stating the same. He took the test back in Feb 2015. He also mentioned that his 3rd LR was the most difficult.

I sent him a message to find out if he knows which LR section was the experimental.

The 1st LR section mentioned a lady buying from a shop and knew the true value of the item, but did not say anything to the seller, claiming she did nothing wrong.

The 2nd LR had something about a fast runner. Was this the same section that discussed periwinkles and chimpanzees?

Any guidance will help...

• kapsharma1kapsharma1 Member
    17 karma

Does any one know if non disclosed tests are often quite different than disclosed ones? Like is that how lsac kind of keeps things to more a surprise level to keep testing some of the natural skills they are going for?

• QuannieBQuannieB Alum Member
    29 karma

I had RC,LR,LG,RC,LR...anyone else?

• neha.patelneha.patel Alum Member
    22 karma

@"JDisJD.21" said:
    @"Better every day"

I am certain that I did not have a LR section with 26 questions. I found a post online (7sage) of a guy stating the same. He took the test back in Feb 2015. He also mentioned that his 3rd LR was the most difficult.

I sent him a message to find out if he knows which LR section was the experimental.

The 1st LR section mentioned a lady buying from a shop and knew the true value of the item, but did not say anything to the seller, claiming she did nothing wrong.

The 2nd LR had something about a fast runner. Was this the same section that discussed periwinkles and chimpanzees?

Any guidance will help...

that was how mine was. My second LR had the fast runner question.
    Was your first LR harder than the other two?
    Did your third LR have the question about the medical residents?

• Abogada1Abogada1 Member
    9 karma

This test was my worst nightmare, I'm cancelling my score.

• time_to_gotime_to_go Alum Member
    edited January 2019 276 karma

FOR INTERNATIONAL TEST TAKERS (ASIA):

I had RC-LG-LR-LR-LG and both LGs were time-consuming and hard. I was so disappointed in myself for struggling with LGs that much.... The 3rd game on the second LG section had a really weird game that I had zero prep for..

I saw posts saying Assigning 5 people to 3 apartments (with and without pets) and Employee orientations on Wednesday afternoon, Friday Morning, and Friday afternoon
    were the real games..but I can't recall whether it was the 2nd or 5th section that tested those games....

• yngranolayngranola Alum Member
    9 karma

@"getting better" said:

I had RC-LG-LR-LR-LG and both LGs were time-consuming and hard. I was so disappointed in myself for struggling with LGs that much.... The 3rd game on the second LG section had a really weird game that I had zero prep for..

I saw posts saying Assigning 5 people to 3 apartments (with and without pets) and Employee orientations on Wednesday afternoon, Friday Morning, and Friday afternoon
    were the real games..but I can't recall whether it was the 2nd or 5th section that tested those games....

I had the same test and I don't remember which section the pet owner question belonged to either...hoping the 5th section is the real one because at least I had some time left to double check a few questions for that one. Both sections were pretty hard though--I rarely used up all of the 35mins during my PTs and I usually got everything right (at most -1), but this time I'm not so confident in myself...sigh

• jeffrey.wt.wujeffrey.wt.wu Alum Member
    edited January 2019 20 karma

@yngranola said:

@"getting better" said:

I had the same test and I don't remember which section the pet owner question belonged to either...hoping the 5th section is the real one because at least I had some time left to double check a few questions for that one. Both sections were pretty hard though--I rarely used up all of the 35mins during my PTs and I usually got everything right (at most -1), but this time I'm not so confident in myself...sigh

I took the Asian Test as well. The LG in the fifth section was real, the one with pet owners. It appears that this was the same test in Feb 2012 for NA and Sept 2017 for Europe.

• yngranolayngranola Alum Member
    9 karma

@"jeffrey.wt.wu" said:
    I took the Asian Test as well. The LG in the fifth section was real, the one with pet owners. It appears that this was the same test in Feb 2012 for NA and Sept 2017 for Europe.

Haha thanks! You answered my question in the other thread too since I've been asking around everywhere...that's such a relief to know though--I was hoping the 5th one was the real section.

• chillout34chillout34 Member
    167 karma

Everyone say the test was hard so we can get a -15 curve

edited January 2019 167 karma

Why is everyone saying LR was hard? I thought they were the easiest LR's I have taken.. now I'm starting to think I'm just overconfident about it.

• 168hopeful168hopeful Alum Member
    61 karma

@chillout34 same!!!!!

41 karma

@"neha.patel"

My first two LR sections were not too difficult...something with a drunk grandpa and the fast runner...

The third LR was crazy, but I confirmed it was the experimental on another forum. I think my 3rd LR had something about Chimpanzees? Or maybe that was my second LR, not sure -_-

• X.Y WangX.Y Wang Member
    6 karma

@"JDisJD.21" said:

I have LR- RC- LR- LG- LR and also did not have a LR section with 26 questions. Do you have the same order?

• lusp7949lusp7949 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@chillout34 said:

Is there precedent for this?

edited February 2019 167 karma

@lusp7949 said:

@chillout34 said:

I wouldn't be suprised if the makers of LSAT got online and studied the comments about the test. It happens in school and judging by how rudimentry/ghetto the testing centers were it would not suprise me if they did this instead of using actual statistics about the test to find the curve.

• bendrummond33bendrummond33 Alum Member
    96 karma

@chillout34 said:

@lusp7949 said:

@chillout34 said:

I wouldn't be suprised if the makers of LSAT got online and studied the comments about the test. It happens in school and judging by how rudimentry/ghetto the testing centers were it would not suprise me if they did this instead of using actual statistics about the test to find the curve.

I'm pretty sure the curve is predetermined, like they design the test as being a "-11" or "-12" test before hand during the process (aka its a -10 test regardless of how people do). Costs about a million dollars to make one test so they put A LOT of research into each curve. This is what i've heard from others so i'm not 100%

• HemingwayHemingway Alum Member
    177 karma

@"X.Y Wang" said:

@"JDisJD.21" said:

I have LR- RC- LR- LG- LR and also did not have a LR section with 26 questions. Do you have the same order?

Are you sure about that? I think one of the real sections was 26 questions..

• 246 karma

@chillout34 said:

@lusp7949 said:

@chillout34 said:

I promise you that online forum comments have zero impact on the curve.

• 170ORBUST9192170ORBUST9192 Alum Member
    65 karma

That LSAT scared me.

• lusp7949lusp7949 Free Trial Member
    14 karma

I'm just hoping I grinded out enough LG answers... If I did, a good law school is in my future. Does any one remember how many questions the real LG's section had?

• 168hopeful168hopeful Alum Member
    61 karma

I just got a follow up email (I received the first email the day after the exam-obviously I didn’t respond) from LSAC about my lsat experience..... why?

• ed.lavadoed.lavado Member
    56 karma

I'm studying for March and I had a tough time with this set of LGs. What types would you be working on. Sequencing with twist, and grouping sequencing combo?

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"ed.lavado" said:
    I'm studying for March and I had a tough time with this set of LGs. What types would you be working on. Sequencing with twist, and grouping sequencing combo?

Yeah, those types sound about right.

I’m also signed up for a March retake. Definitely going to be focusing on the most recent tests! ... Lots of little twists on standard games.

I didn’t have much trouble on games, but I did find myself brute forcing more than I’m used to. I’m sure part of it was nerves, but my goodness I felt like that set had a lot of naked CBTs. I think my ability to stay calm and draw out quick hypos made a big difference for me on this section of games.

• ed.lavadoed.lavado Member
    56 karma

On all the recent tests I have done great. November was really easy for me, but January killed me for some reason I'm hoping for 4 points lower than normal

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

@lusp7949 said:
    I'm just hoping I grinded out enough LG answers... If I did, a good law school is in my future. Does any one remember how many questions the real LG's section had?

edited February 2019 41 karma

@X.YWang

Yes, same order!

• faddy878faddy878 Alum Member
    edited February 2019 47 karma

When can we start getting results? My nerves are killing me

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

@faddy878 said:
    When can we start getting results? My nerves are killing me

For the November test the email came in in waves. It started at about 9:00AM.

• batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    226 karma

Has anyone received their score?

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

Yes

• paulmv.benthempaulmv.benthem Alum Member
    1032 karma

Just got it!

• egredmcegredmc Member
    edited February 2019 3 karma

Yes i just got mine!