Webinar with Director of Admissions at Penn State Law—Weds @ 9 p.m. ET

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited January 2019 in Webinars 7262 karma

📣Update: Unfortunately, our guest had to cancel. @"selene.steelman" and I will still have a conversation about letters of continuing interest and waitlist etiquette, and then we'll take questions. We'll still give away a free edit at the end. Sorry for the bait and switch!

Hi everyone,

On Wednesday, January 30 at 9 p.m. ET, I'll host a webinar with Julian Morales, Director of Admissions at Penn State Law. Julian will give us a five-minute presentation on Penn State, and then I'll ask him some of the questions you're dying to know:

• Who hears from law schools first?
  • What's the review process like, anyway?
  • When should I send a letter of continuing interest?
  • How much does visiting help? Should I call before I visit and set up an appointment?
  • What do you look for when you talk to applicants in person?
  • How do I maximize my chances of getting gift aid?

You'll get a chance to ask your questions at the end.

:warning: You’ll have to register for this webinar in advance.

:cookie: After the webinar, we'll award one attendee a free Edit Once (see https://7sage.com/admissions/enroll).

→ Please register for the webinar (Jan 30, 2018 @ 9:00 p.m. ET) here:
https://zoom.us/webinar/register/130d808691c0dd1534538d7d4481ef37

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Zoom might prompt you to download something before you can join the webinar, so I’d advise you to show up a bit early.

I hope to see you there!

Comments

• Thank you JYThank you JY Alum Member
    328 karma

Awesome! I'll be there! Thank you!

• flower93flower93 Alum Member
    45 karma

Hi David. I have registered for the webinar. Unfortunately the webinar occurs during my work hours. Is there an option to view a recording of the webinar at a later date? Thank you

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

@flower93 Yes! We’ve made our whole webinar archive free: https://7sage.com/admissions/webinar/

However, in order to incentivize students to come (and I know you can’t), we won’t release webinar recordings until about 3 weeks after the event.

• stevencamendolastevencamendola Alum Member
    150 karma

Ah, neat! I love Pennsylvania.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

📣Update: Unfortunately, our guest had to cancel. @"selene.steelman" and I will still have a conversation about letters of continuing interest and waitlist etiquette, and then we'll take questions. We'll still give away a free edit at the end. Sorry for the bait and switch!

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

A really useful tip I took away from the webinar was about requesting fee waivers from schools. The advice was call. If somebody picks up the phone, they will either help you on the spot or give you an address to email where they know it will get answered. I feel like this advice is applicable to various other types of information as well.

• Anonymouse-1Anonymouse-1 Alum Member
    189 karma

Thanks for the tips today @"David.Busis". These tips were particularly helpful as I am in the very predicament that was discussed during the seminar.

For those who may have missed it. Letters of Continued Interest (LOCIs) should come in at various and strategically timed stages... Think of it like a first date. You want to read your partners signals and respond accordingly. Dont come off too strong but show you are interested! Lastly... be sure to send a memorable LOCI right before seat deposits are due because that is when the spots tend to open up and you dont want to be forgotten about!

• Cristal NCristal N Alum Member
    14 karma

Hello @David.Busis,

Thank you for taking the time to walk through last minute tips to propel us forward during our admissions process! The most helpful tip from today's webinar hearing you and Selene's answers to Akia's question, I am in the same boat (you are not alone!) in which I retook my LSAT this past weekend, due to unhappy results from the November LSAT.

The suggestion of expanding safety net schools is very helpful, and something I will certainly be considering as I await the Feb 15 release date for January's exam results.

Thanks again,
    Cristal

• tayanthony31tayanthony31 Core Member
    81 karma

The webinar was very informative. Im very early in my admissions process but I have a little insight as to what I can do in situations where I have been waitlisted. Something I was not aware of before the webinar were letters of continuing interest. I was also surpised to know that schools track your engagement with them and use can use it to make a final decision.

• Mrs. SharkMrs. Shark Alum Member
    56 karma

Thank you for hosting this webinar! I will be meeting with a professor from a school I am applying for and will now do some more specific research into their background and come prepared with questions about the class he teaches.

• lsat_kp20lsat_kp20 Alum Member
    148 karma

@"David.Busis"

I never really knew that we could write Letters of Continued Interest (LOCIs), so I am really glad that I attended this seminar. I think the tip that helped me the most was when one should write one. You suggested mid February, but this tip helped me figure out when I should do it considering I am just now sending apps out. Thank you so much for hosting this seminars.