Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

March 2019 LSAT Study Group

edited February 2019 in Study Groups 57 karma

Hey you guys, anyone wants to take LSAT in MARCH ?
Let's study together

Great, so nice to have so many people willing working together. I'm thinking to take 8 PTs together before the test. Since everyone has different study pace, some of you must have finished more PTs; Is 15-23 or 23-31 ok for you guys? When is the time convenient for you guys? Besides, every session will be in the format of online meeting through Skype or whatever. Any idea about good app for online meeting? Plus, if you guys are down to this plan, I will be the first one to hold the online study session, but you also have to take turns to host it :smiley:

In conclusion, let us know which PTs you have not done, when you are available, your suggestions of studying group.

Thank you guys; let's crush Lsat :wink:

UPDATE
Folks, thanks for your comments, since the latest ones are more similar to the real tests, we now decide first to take PT sets from 75 to 83. If you also want to review the other PTs in particular with group, please let us know, we may put it on agenda for Lsat in June.

New PT SETS 75-83

UPDATE2
Folks, thanks Michael, we got our Whats up group, YAY:) and I will post all the infor you need either way https://chat.whatsapp.com/HEr9S37YrIFBZNN6w4pFpZ

Since there are so many of you interested in this study group, we may decide to hold 2 sessions, one hosted by me through Skype, one by Michale

let me know when is convenient for you

UPDATE3
There is a BR session hosted by Michael on Saturday at 3PM(ET) Feb 9th , join us :smiley:

Blind Review Session PT 75

When: February 9th 2019

Time: 3PM ET (On Skype)

Facilitator: Michael Cinco

Join Skype Meeting:
Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App
Join by Phone:
1 281 588 4305
Confrence ID: 9927878808

Content
LR 1
Blind Review Difficult Questions. Come up with key take-aways for tackling similar problems in the future.
45 Minutes
LR 2
Blind Review Difficult Questions. Come up with key take-aways for tackling similar problems in the future.

45 Minutes
LG
Discuss optimal setups for individual games.
45 Minutes

Comments

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

I’m interested!

• cheyenneefraziercheyenneefrazier Alum Member
    11 karma

I’m interested!

• Maxine_ShawMaxine_Shaw Member
    25 karma

I’m interested too.

• SocraticSocratic Alum Member
    8 karma

I'm interested, too.

• 14 karma

I'm down!

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

I'm always down to study. Usually I post in the comments section in the reviews but I'll study with you guys.

• Great, so nice to have so many people willing working together. I'm thinking to take 8 PTs together before the test. Since everyone has different study pace, some of you must have finished more PTs; Is 15-23 or 23-31 ok for you guys? When is the time convenient for you guys? Besides, every session will be in the format of online meeting through Skype or whatever. Any idea about good app for online meeting? Plus, if you guys are down to this plan, I will be the first one to hold the online study session, but you also have to take turns to host it :smiley:

In conclusion, let us know which PTs you have not done, when you are available, your suggestions of studying group.

Thank you guys; let's crush Lsat :wink:

757 karma

From my experience, the LSAT changes greatly from the early PTs to the most recent, particularly in LR wording and RC. PTs 15-23 or 23-31 are helpful for drilling, but would most likely not be representative of the March LSAT.

Are those the only fresh PTs you have left?

• lackofimaginationlackofimagination Alum Member
    74 karma

Interested!

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

i'm interested!

• Legally_SpeakingLegally_Speaking Alum Member
    553 karma

Count me in!

• Legally_SpeakingLegally_Speaking Alum Member
    553 karma

I agree with @mjmonte17 and think any PTs from the 60's and up are likely the most representative of the modern LSAT

• Thanks for the input! How about starting from PT 75-83?

757 karma

@leah199422 That sounds great to me!

2116 karma

I recommend doing 50+

I just wrote the Feb LSAT and the LG section in particular was very heavy on stuff that was present in the LG's in the 50's. LR in particular is a bit different in it's current form than it was in the 90's and even the 00's.

Progressing from the 50's to the 80's would you a firm grasp on how Modern LSATS are written and they progress in difficulty too. Strongly suggest you leave 2-3 weeks for the most modern LSATS.

I try to do one PT a day so I don't mind setting aside particular PT's for the benefit of group discussion.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@leah199422 said:
    Thanks for the input! How about starting from PT 75-83?

75-83 is where I'm at. I'm Interested!

• Interested as well!

edited February 2019 2116 karma

I think the best way to get this off the ground is to get into a group chat either on Facebook (boo privacy) or WhatsApp. I do it for fitness with my buddies, keep each other accountable for workouts. We can also add each other as study buddies on here.

I'll go ahead and try to form a group chat on what's app. Just DM me your digits and I'll get it started.

• texasruleswtexasrulesw Alum Member
    26 karma

I'd be interested as well. Are we meeting on a skype session?

• minimite7minimite7 Alum Member
    29 karma

I'm interested! lmk

• Wesley-BWesley-B Alum Member
    172 karma

I'm interested!

• henry_wuhenry_wu Alum Member
    31 karma

I'm interested!

• NicolekhNicolekh Alum Member
    335 karma

Hi I would love to be a part of this!

• MindyKaleMindyKale Alum Member
    350 karma

Are you guys planning to apply for Fall 2019?

• kwatkins2kwatkins2 Member
    3 karma

I’m interested!

• Ortiz_44Ortiz_44 Member
    90 karma

Let's do it

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    428 karma

Interested!

• lsatyayylsatyayy Alum Member
    178 karma

Interested!

• goblue123goblue123 Alum Member
    edited February 2019 231 karma

I'm interested, and would prefer to do PTs that are as late as possible

• shellianwshellianw Free Trial Member
    7 karma

I’m interested

• dazey330dazey330 Alum Member
    11 karma

I am also interested.

• nestbt01nestbt01 Alum Member
    26 karma

I am highly interested

• MoodyismeMoodyisme Member
    10 karma

anyone in the Northern VA/DC area? I'd be willing to meet up.

• stephie1243stephie1243 Member
    edited February 2019 7 karma

I'm interested! Anyone in the Charlotte area who would like to meetup?

• patel.2780patel.2780 Alum Member
    edited February 2019 50 karma

Interested! I am finishing up the CC (a bit behind schedule but putting in lots of work into it), but my latest PT was PT 40, with a score of 161 (BR of 168). Once I finish up the CC, I'm thinking of taking a PT a day, with BR right after. I will be interested in taking and BR(ing?) the PTs with you all! :smile:

• 41 karma

Interested.

• Thank you JYThank you JY Alum Member
    328 karma

I'm interested!

• nestbt01nestbt01 Alum Member
    26 karma

When will we start?

• 34 karma

im in

2116 karma

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HEr9S37YrIFBZNN6w4pFpZ

HI folks group chat is online. Please click the link to join. It's easier to talk through there and get organized.

• For some reason i can’t join on this WhatsApp group. Can someone help? Also would love to join this study group

• Ule S. GebUle S. Geb Member
    34 karma

@CeeCarino have you downloaded whatsapp onto your pc?

• Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
    652 karma

Down.

2116 karma

As Leah said I will be hosting a session on Sunday. We will be going over PT 75 at 3PM please join the groupchat so I can send you the skype invite.

• There is a BR session hosted by Michael on Saturday at 3PM, join us :smiley:

• Q_ESQUIREQ_ESQUIRE Alum Member
    71 karma

Count me in!

• Blind Review Session PT 75

When: February 9th 2019

Time: 3PM ET (On Skype)

Facilitator: Michael Cinco

Join Skype Meeting:
    Trouble Joining? Try Skype Web App
    Join by Phone:
    1 281 588 4305
    Confrence ID: 9927878808

Content
    LR 1
    45 Minutes
    LR 2

45 Minutes
    LG
    Discuss optimal setups for individual games.
    45 Minutes

• DejaVu2020DejaVu2020 Member
    113 karma

Does anyone recommend using PowerScore Bibles to supplement this course? I had purchased them prior to purchasing this course.

2116 karma

Hi Guys: for the Saturday PT session I will be doing LG 40 as my 'experimental" section. Will also be willing to discuss that LG with anyone after.

• @charlie737 said:
    Does anyone recommend using PowerScore Bibles to supplement this course? I had purchased them prior to purchasing this course.

Hey, if you just begin, Bible could be a good start. Especially the LG part, it explains it in great details. But it often crated some obscure terms to help us remember stuff in LR and RC, which I do not like.